lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
DrewJones25
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Another starter/generator question!

I've researched and read all topics covering the starter/generator wiring but can't find one that mentions this.

Their is a small black wire coming out of the wiring harness that attaches to a lug on the starter/generator. Which lug is the correct one to attach it to. I'm assuming its a ground and would attach to F1 since its black but want to double check.
DrewJones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Another starter/generator question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewJones25 View Post
I've researched and read all topics covering the starter/generator wiring but can't find one that mentions this.

Their is a small black wire coming out of the wiring harness that attaches to a lug on the starter/generator. Which lug is the correct one to attach it to. I'm assuming its a ground and would attach to F1 since its black but want to double check.
A1 is were the negative battery cable and small 18 gauge black main wireharness lead attatchs to the starter/generator end plate. F1 should have a jumper lead to A2. F2 has the lead from the solenoid. Hope that helped.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
DrewJones25
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Ok thanks. I confused myself when I was writing the post and I mentioned F1. I've still yet to figure out why my cart doesn't run when connected as it should be. Mine has the black negative cable connected to F2 and short positive cable from solenoid connected to A1. It was that way when I bought it and got to reading and seen it was backwards, so I switched them and it would not start. Switched back to them being backwards to how they should be and it runs.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewJones25 View Post
Ok thanks. I confused myself when I was writing the post and I mentioned F1. I've still yet to figure out why my cart doesn't run when connected as it should be. Mine has the black negative cable connected to F2 and short positive cable from solenoid connected to A1. It was that way when I bought it and got to reading and seen it was backwards, so I switched them and it would not start. Switched back to them being backwards to how they should be and it runs.
Now I'm confused and I've only had one drink! Can you post a picture of the stater connections and the battery connections?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
DrewJones25
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Now I'm confused and I've only had one drink! Can you post a picture of the stater connections and the battery connections?
Lol. If I connect my starter/generator as you described and as I've read in other posts, it will not run. If I connect negative from battery to F2 (where short positive from solenoid should be) and connect short positive from solenoid to A1 (where negative from battery should be) it will run.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

this might help if you have A G1relays starter2.jpg
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

found a different wiring diagrampost-51-1201692170.jpg that may help also
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

What model cart are we talking about here ?? (clone ??) The wiring you show is for a two (2) cylinder engine and all the carts I've seen are one (1) cylinder. Just curious !! - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
DrewJones25
Getting Wild
Yamaha

My cart is a 93 Gas G8. I guess that would of been helpful from the start.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here's a link to the wiring for your cart.

http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/ima...maha%20G8A.pdf

Unless someone has modified your cart, this is how it should be. The wiring shows the small black wire connecting to the bat -, but the connection must actually be made to A1 at the starter, as smallblock indicated in his post. Let us know what you find - RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 10-05-2012 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: made corrections
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha