lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
tommypaul
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Talking looking for advice g1 lift kit

well I got the tune up stuff ordered today for my new limo. and now i'm looking for a good safe lift kit.( and need to know what off set on the wheel too)i have been looking at the allsport 4" lift.i can't fine any reviews on it.so if you know please tell.i saws that the jake kit you may have to do some bending or welding.note I do not weld.so I think that out. lol. (don't want to bore anyone with my back ground.so I will add it to my profile late.)now i'm wondering do carts die when you release the gas petal?is that the norm. mine dose not idle at all.it also jerk or jumps like it has a dirty carb. i'm thinking 10" tire I guess off set is for the width is that right? and for more stability? (looking for a good combo deal if you know of one please send info) more to come later thank for your help.
tommypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Default Re: looking for advice g1 lift kit

Tommypaul, welcome! Lets try to answer your questions. I lifted my G1 by making my own Pachanga lift but welding is def required. Whatever lift you choose talk to the manufacturer about wheel/tire sizes. I'm not sure that you could go greater than 21s with a 4" lift. G1s do not idle, however if the black white wire from the engine is disconnected it will idle. the downside to this is if a kid gets near your cart while its idling the cart with the kid could take an unexpected ride. Not a good idea! The jerking part could be carb adjustment or clutch problems. Check the belt, sheaves, springs etc for proper tolerance and specs. This info can be gotten from a G1 service/repair manual available for download on e-bay @ $11. As far as wheel tire combos the best deal I found was thru Trademark Carts who is a site sponsor. You can check out my build @ Another G1 Rebuild! in the lifted cart section, it may answer some questions for you. All the Yamaha builds there may be of help. Good luck and get some pics posted
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
tommypaul
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

thx abieex that dose answer some of my question. I will check out your thread still leaning the site. but thx for your advice and your help. pictures will being coming soon
Old 04-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
danman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Tommypaul, I have the Jakes 6" on my G1. I have since added some parts to it to get more lift out of it. Anyway, the jakes 6" is a great kit that comes with new A-arms.

Keep us updated with pics! Very interested in seeing a G1 limo
danman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
tommypaul
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

danman: did you have to change your spindles? and heat and bend your frame? i'm not sure what the old type spindle looks like so not sure if I would have to replace mind.(can not read sn# so not sure of year)also heating the frame sound like that could weaken it.if you got pictures please post.see i'm thinking that all sport 4" lift might be the way to go.because it looks like a easy install and recommended tire size is 20x10x10. but this is my first cart so i'm not sure that this is the way to go. so hoping that some one has install this kit and can let me know.also what is off all about? and why do I care? in other word what dose it do?
Old 04-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Not sure that you need to bend the frame for a 4" lift but if you do its nothing. The reason we bend the frame is so you can clear the bolt head on the primary clutch. Simply mark the frame where it meets the bolt, heat it up and smack it with a ball peen hammer and done.
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
danman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I didn't have to change the spindles on mine, but it is an 83. There are some other members on here that have had success with the Jakes 6" on the older carts without having to change the spindles. Some people flip them.

My only concern with the 4" lift is that your cart is a limo. By the time you get it loaded down with people, its going to squat a little bit giving you a lower clearance than what it would be on a non-limo cart.

Check out my profile and look at my pictures, all kinds of shots of the lift on there.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Port Orchard is just across the Narrows bridge from me and the shop If you take a picture of the engine compartment, I could give you a better Idea of the year (for ordering parts). From the front cowel and bumper, I'd say 1983 and up.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
tommypaul
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

danman: that's some cool pictures and some good work.so you think I would do better with the jakes 6" lift?

hey smallblock450sl: I will take a picture or two today. if you have some Yamaha that have the jakes 6" lift on them send me a pm and let me know were your at and I will stop by thx tp.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
danman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I believe there are only 2 or 3 lift kits available for the G1. From what I've read and looked at, the Jake's 6" is the best quality as it comes with new A-arms for up front. The 4" kits just lower all suspension mounting points.

The front of the Jake's 6" also allows you to change where the top of the shock mount bolts in, giving you some adjustment up front.

I like the kit, but in the end it's all about what your needs are
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha