lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2016, 06:27 AM   #1
AFVET
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Battery fill system

2014 club car Precedent ... Newbie my first cart
The cart came with a stock battery fill system .... I found the common fill connector but I don't have anything else. What are my options to use the fill system? Are after market fill tolls compatible with Club stock?
Thanks
AFVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2016, 06:42 AM   #2
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery fill system

If you search on battery fill systems, you'll see many horror stories about explosions attributed to these systems. Having said that, I used one for several years and really liked the convenience. When I bought new batteries the cap spacing was different and now I just use the conventional type fill bottle.
As far as the fill hose with bulb, I found it at Bass Pro Shops. Here is the listing on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Flow-Rite-RV2...S7T68732X9T1Z1
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:05 AM   #3
AFVET
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Dennis ..... like your ride .... I'm a C6 guy
AFVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:55 AM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFVET View Post
2014 club car Precedent ... Newbie my first cart
The cart came with a stock battery fill system .... I found the common fill connector but I don't have anything else. What are my options to use the fill system? Are after market fill tolls compatible with Club stock?
Thanks
You're not going to find much love for the auto-fill system as failures with them while uncommon are frequent enough to warrant the distrust, both under and overfilling due to stuck floats. And since the fill system takes the place of the venting system thus making all batteries common to each other the rare occurrence of individual battery explosion becomes a multiple battery explosion... I find all that very hard to justify as my 2.5 year old batteries have only needed to be topped off with water just once...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:32 AM   #5
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

I deal with these fill systems on a monthly basis on 80 fleet carts. I have never seen an explosion caused by them, but they do sometimes stick and do not close when the battery is full thus causing a mess on the ground. This is an easy fix when it does happen, and thru the year they have been massive time savers. I have one on my cart now, and I like it...
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:44 AM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
I deal with these fill systems on a monthly basis on 80 fleet carts. I have never seen an explosion caused by them, but they do sometimes stick and do not close when the battery is full thus causing a mess on the ground. This is an easy fix when it does happen, and thru the year they have been massive time savers. I have one on my cart now, and I like it...
Gets discussed here regularly....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batteries exploded.jpg (212.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-19-2016, 08:59 AM   #7
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Gets discussed here regularly....
That looks bad....never used that brand of system, we use the club car factory stock system. Is the stock Club Car system also prone to these problem? This is my second fleet with this system (6 years) and I have never seen that problems from their factory installed watering system....
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:01 AM   #8
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFVET View Post
Thanks Dennis ..... like your ride .... I'm a C6 guy
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:06 AM   #9
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
That looks bad....never used that brand of system, we use the club car factory stock system. Is the stock Club Car system also prone to these problem? This is my second fleet with this system (6 years) and I have never seen that problems from their factory installed watering system....
I don't have those answers... Having seen batteries blow up first hand on board ship I'll stay away from linking the vents together simply due to what I've read onsite here...
Old 10-19-2016, 09:12 AM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I do not like fill systems! Not worth it for a personal cart. Filling batteries the old fashioned way doesn't take much time or effort.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, spws
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car