lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2017, 08:58 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT DCS reversing switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A switch and some wires and a diode I can afford but at 77 yrs and on social security the kit is a lot more than I can afford, so I will create a handle on the shift lever to make it easier to shift with my arthritic hands.
Thanks for all the information;
This is a great site;
HarryT
I'm three years younger, but in about the same boat, so I know what you mean. Now that I have the time to do all the things I've always wanted to do, I don't have the money to do much of anything except think about doing them.

However, thinking can be productive. Since some of the young whippersnapper raking in the big bucks are putting reverse contactors in their series drive carts, some of them might have had a Caddy-Shift or some other shifter with a long lever arm installed and they might be willing to sell the no longer need part to a senior citizen for a reasonable price, so start a thread about finding one of them here in Electric EZGO and in the Parts forum. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-carts-parts/
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #12
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So with a F/R switch, and the diode (internal or external) can I remove this entire assembly? And just tap the new switch into the wires that would normally plug in to these two microswitches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:55 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxPilot View Post
So with a F/R switch, and the diode (internal or external) can I remove this entire assembly? And just tap the new switch into the wires that would normally plug in to these two microswitches?
Yes.

If you use a SPDT/Center-Off switch, a diode must be used.
If you use a DPDT/Center-Off switch and add the jumper wires shown on the diagram I posted earlier in this thread, no diode is needed.

The DCS controller defaults to Forward and has to be told to go in Reverse by putting battery pack voltage (B+) on Pin-4 (Orange wire). It has to be told to run (B+ on Pin-6 via the keyswitch) in either Forward or Reverse.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:10 PM   #14
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I ordered the CC F/R switch to use in lieu of the lever on my TXT rebuild. It is a DPDT/Center-Off switch for a CC Precedent, however, the pins are labeled slightly differently. As long as I match the picture JohnnieB posted to the relative position on the switch, the pin numbers should not matter, correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Switch.jpg (242.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxPilot View Post
I ordered the CC F/R switch to use in lieu of the lever on my TXT rebuild. It is a DPDT/Center-Off switch for a CC Precedent, however, the pins are labeled slightly differently. As long as I match the picture JohnnieB posted to the relative position on the switch, the pin numbers should not matter, correct?
That is most likely correct, but check it out with an Ohmmeter to be sure.

The center pins ought to be Common and the end pins ought to be N.O.

Also check which set of N.O. contacts close to Common when F is pushed. I'm pretty sure the pins on the opposite end are the ones making contact with the Common pins (same way a toggle switch works), but make sure before soldering the jumpers.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #16
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you sir, wilco.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #17
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
That is most likely correct, but check it out with an Ohmmeter to be sure.

The center pins ought to be Common and the end pins ought to be N.O.

Also check which set of N.O. contacts close to Common when F is pushed. I'm pretty sure the pins on the opposite end are the ones making contact with the Common pins (same way a toggle switch works), but make sure before soldering the jumpers.
Apparently, I am as inept with a meter as I feared. I cannot figure out if I am checking correctly for these conditions. The switch is not labeled at all as to FWD and REV. Sperry DM-4400A set to Ohms, automatic range.

Pin arrangement:

1 4

2 5

3 6

1. When the switch is in the center position, there are no readings on any pin combination, just a flashing 10.00 in the display.

2. When the switch is pressed towards pins 1 & 4 (top), I get .2 between pin 2 & 3 on the left side, and .2 between pin 5 & 6 on the right. Nothing anywhere else.

3. When the switch is pressed towards pins 3 & 6 (bottom), I get .2 between pin 2 & 1 on the left side, and .2 between pin 5 & 4 on the right. Nothing anywhere else.

So that leads me to believe that when I press the switch to one side or the other, the OPPOSITE contacts activate. Is that correct? If that is the case, how do I determine which is forward, and which is reverse?
Old 04-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, toggle switch contacts engage on the opposite side of the toggle.

Just wire it like JohnnieB diagram, his pins in []:

1[1] 4[2]

2[3] 5[4]

3[5] 6[6]

If at the end the reverse is opposite to the label, just move the Orange wire on pin 3[5] to pin 1[1].
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:57 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Typically the power feeds to the center pin and the center pin connects to the outer pin on the side opposite the rocker depression when switched. The 2 center pins usually are not connected & require individual input. I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:20 AM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The problem I have is that I don't have a CC F/R switch sitting in front of me, so I don't know if the "R" label is on the same end as the 1&4 pins or the same end as the 3&6 contacts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO