lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #1
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Default Pic request...

Anyone have a white RXV with a white extended top?

I am ordering my RXV and torn on if I should get a white or black top. I like the idea of a black top but a few friends have them and say they are terrible in the summer time.

I have not seen many with a white top, trying to get an idea of what it will look like and what my color scheme will be.
doublestack00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2017, 03:39 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pic request...

Google "ezgo rxv" turned up quite a few pics.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublestack00 View Post
Anyone have a white RXV with a white extended top?

I am ordering my RXV and torn on if I should get a white or black top. I like the idea of a black top but a few friends have them and say they are terrible in the summer time.

I have not seen many with a white top, trying to get an idea of what it will look like and what my color scheme will be.
My RXV Shuttle 2+2 has a light colored extended top, haven't really looked at it to see how white it is. The weather is too stormy to go out to try to get a picture.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:45 PM   #4
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Google "ezgo rxv" turned up quite a few pics.
I did this, but most are a stock cart with with thick white stock top with the handles. I am more interested in the longer top and to see how it looks with different color seats, wheels etc.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
I did this, but most are a stock cart with with thick white stock top with the handles. I am more interested in the longer top and to see how it looks with different color seats, wheels etc.
This one is not called and RXV, but it is an RXV upgraded to be street legal. I can get your more pics with different colors if needed

https://bham.craigslist.org/snw/6115458873.html
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:30 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Come to think of it, photos of my Shuttle 2+2 are already on here, in the thread related to it. The roof is white!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ther-cart.html

Bob
Old 05-07-2017, 09:04 AM   #7
doublestack00
Getting Wild

That is not bad looking. I envy that rear shuttle seat.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:39 AM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bunch of pics here: https://www.google.com/search?q=ezgo...=1552&bih=1241

2 examples of long white tops. The one on the RXV is a Doubletake. It comes with the rails already installed for side curtains if wish to install them later. Also it is much better at keeping rain off the occupants than the other one. I can't explain why.
As regards heat: We did an unscientific test one day in a parking lot in the mid day Georgia sun. Two carts parked side by side one with the white and one with the black long Doubletake roofs. After about 20 minutes our feeling was it felt slightly hotter under the black roof but it was not immediately obvious and personally I wouldn't reject a black roof because of a heat issue.

Personally, if you are considering black or dark seats and dark wheels on a white body, I would go with a black top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0360.jpg (487.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PB020002.JPG (266.6 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
That is not bad looking. I envy that rear shuttle seat.
I wish I could remove the entire rear seat assembly easy. There is no rear bumper and it is welded directly to the frame rails. I would rather have a pickup style bed, a platform, or a trunk. The rear seat assembly that I removed from my 2012 RXV was a bolt on unit. I still have that one sitting in storage. I'm not a big fan of rear seats for road use, which is what I used my 2012 for. Something about passengers not paying attention and falling off the rear onto pavement...

Nice looking cart there rockfordpi. In NC, to be street legal, LSVs have to have a one piece DOT rated windshield. Like the windshield used on the E-Z-GO 2Five.

Bob
Old 05-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You can buy seat belts for the rear seats. I've lost a couple of kids in wet bathing suits, who weren't familiar with my "to the floor" take-offs. They only do it once. I once got slung to the outside driver's side of a fast buggy, when making a fast right hand turn. I was holding onto the roof upright, and managed to get back in, without him slowing down.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO