lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
jaws12
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 ezgo txt 36v

So...I bought a used Cart (Model TXTE, Date Code K1604) at a deal with a lift and 22 inch tires. I put 6 new 6V batteries and upgraded the cables from 4 or 6 gauge to 1/0 welding cable. I'm happy with the speed but I'd like more torque. Should I replace the controller or send the motor to plum quick to be re-wound? I understand going to 48V will help but I'd like to stay 36V right now. I think I'd have to upgrade the solenoid and the FNR selector. And I am new to upgrading golf carts. Thanks for any input. Any links would be good too!

The current controller is a CurtisPMC P/N 25864G09

The motor is stock, well it looks stock.
jaws12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2017, 06:07 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 ezgo txt 36v

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws12 View Post
So...I bought a used Cart (Model TXTE, Date Code K1604) at a deal with a lift and 22 inch tires. I put 6 new 6V batteries and upgraded the cables from 4 or 6 gauge to 1/0 welding cable. I'm happy with the speed but I'd like more torque. Should I replace the controller or send the motor to plum quick to be re-wound? I understand going to 48V will help but I'd like to stay 36V right now. I think I'd have to upgrade the solenoid and the FNR selector. And I am new to upgrading golf carts. Thanks for any input. Any links would be good too!

The current controller is a CurtisPMC P/N 25864G09

The motor is stock, well it looks stock.
Seeing as how you have a Series Drive system....(based on the controller P/N you posted above) you would need to get yourself another motor that will make more torque.....HOWEVER, unless you upgrade your drive system to be able to supply more amperage (new controller, solenoid, and F&R).....and you get a upgraded motor to give you more torque.....you will lose some speed as torque and speed are a function of one another. BUT if you get the new motor and are able to supply it (even staying at 36v) with more amperage....you can get more torque and maintain your speed......
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #3
jaws12
Not Yet Wild

It sounds like I need a new controller, F&R switch, solenoid and motor!
jaws12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:16 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I don't know how much time you spend on paved vs. dirt or gravel, and how hilly you terrain is, but you might try everything but the motor at first. You might be happy with that alone.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:26 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Make upgrade choices that leave the most options open later. Nothing worse than finding you need a big motor later and realizing the controller or the solenoid is too small.
Most popular upgrade for this cart is the Alltrax SR48500 control with a 400 MZJ solenoid. Use HD F&R EZ575 and 2g cables. For best results run the system on 48 volts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO