lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2017, 02:24 PM   #11
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1999 EZGO series cart help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Make sure that nest of wires you cut only contained light wires. You could have cut one of the activation wires. Short circuiting the light wires shouldn't have taken out the controller. Follow the diagram that Scotty posted for voltage and you should figure it out. Does the solenoid click when you press the pedal?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Thanks mgray70,

Yes the only wires i cut were the one's for the light on top of the cart. The guy drove it through a factory so it has one of those strobe type yellow lights for safety he added, I just cut right before these two wires went into a nest of wires that he had looped all together and zip tied them. Once i had the sparks happen, i cut them individually and pulled them out of the nest and after that they were two wires again and i removed them. We will follow that diagram and hopefully figure something out and no the solenoid does not click when the pedal is pressed. It ran great before all this and it didn't seem to ruin the batteries either as there is 37 volts in them even now, I just know i fried the meter i bought from scotty(and for anyone that has ANY questions Scotty is the best!) and the cart won't run :(
Cobrakid8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If the green wire at the keyswitch has voltage the next thing to check is the microswitch at the foot pedal. There is a 4 wire molex plug on the grey harness coming out of that box. Green goes in from the key switch and red comes out and goes to the solenoid when the go pedal is pressed. Chase those wires next to determine if you are getting voltage for the activation circuit
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:38 PM   #13
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Remove the controller cover and check the voltage on the small solenoid post when you press the pedal. Should be pack voltage, if not something is bad in the activation circuit. You can jump from pack+ to the small red wire on the solenoid to check, if the solenoid clicks then and cart will move then it would definitely be the activation circuit. With the solenoid not clicking I don't think it's your controller.

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #14
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Got a question, we checked and got 115 ohm on the solenoid, when we hook it up we get no voltage across the solenoid, but if you unhook either positive or negative we get 36 once pedal is pushed. What we need to know is what the ohm or the solenoid coil?
Old 06-30-2017, 06:01 PM   #15
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrakid8 View Post
Got a question, we checked and got 115 ohm on the solenoid, when we hook it up we get no voltage across the solenoid, but if you unhook either positive or negative we get 36 once pedal is pushed. What we need to know is what the ohm or the solenoid coil?
If you get pack voltage across the small terminals when the pedal is pressed and the solenoid doesn't close then the solenoid would be bad. You can jump the large terminals temporarily to isolate the problem, but I think your solenoid is bad.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:24 PM   #16
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Alright, so I have a question. Going to get a new solenoid and it has the stock solenoid on it, so would it be better to go ahead and get an upgraded solenoid like scotty's 200 or the 400 on a stock cart or would this be bad for the cart? I hope that later on I can upgrade to another controller but for now I just need to get this thing running. Also has anyone ever heard of a AXE4834 R4 controller? I cannot find anything about that R4. Thanks Doug
Old 07-08-2017, 10:29 PM   #17
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrakid8 View Post
Alright, so I have a question. Going to get a new solenoid and it has the stock solenoid on it, so would it be better to go ahead and get an upgraded solenoid like scotty's 200 or the 400 on a stock cart or would this be bad for the cart? I hope that later on I can upgrade to another controller but for now I just need to get this thing running. Also has anyone ever heard of a AXE4834 R4 controller? I cannot find anything about that R4. Thanks Doug
It won't hurt anything to upgrade the solenoid, your only problem is getting the stock control cover back on with the larger solenoid, and the stock curtis control needs to be covered. Did you jump the large post to determine if the solenoid was the problem?

Old 07-09-2017, 06:05 PM   #18
soultrain65
Not Yet Wild

I have a 98 that I'm working on for the in-laws. It sounds like the same setup you have with the 1206 controller. Is your controller a four blade with the six-pin harness? I have a blue wire on the positive side of the solenoid and I can't seem to find any wiring diagrams that show it. I get a click at the solenoid, but no power to the wheels. New controller, motor tested. Could use any insight. Tag was removed, but I believe it's a 98 txt series cart. 36v, controller and FNR switch on passenger side.
soultrain65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:03 PM   #19
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

So, i have a new solenoid coming in and i also have a AXE4834 coming in, my question though is, does anyone know what the R4 designation at the end of the AXE4834 mean? I figured you might Scotty, but I cannot find anything about it at all. Hopefully soon I will have some more money and I will be getting a F&R switch from you scotty or I actually would like to try that rocker switch you sell! But again any help with the R4 designation? Thanks!
Old 07-27-2017, 02:38 PM   #20
swm63
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by soultrain65 View Post
I have a 98 that I'm working on for the in-laws. It sounds like the same setup you have with the 1206 controller. Is your controller a four blade with the six-pin harness? I have a blue wire on the positive side of the solenoid and I can't seem to find any wiring diagrams that show it. I get a click at the solenoid, but no power to the wheels. New controller, motor tested. Could use any insight. Tag was removed, but I believe it's a 98 txt series cart. 36v, controller and FNR switch on passenger side.
Probably best to start your own thread and not muddy this one with a hijack.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO