lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #1
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default E-Z-GO TXT 36v speed

I recently bought my first cart, a E-Z-GO TXT 36V. I believe the motor was upgraded before I purchased it and it already had 20" tires on it. I lifted it 6" and put 23" tires on and expected to gain a little speed. Speed was unchanged (maybe lost 1 mph). Was I unrealistic to think I would gain a little speed from these changes?
Cliffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-GO TXT 36v speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy23 View Post
I recently bought my first cart, a E-Z-GO TXT 36V. I believe the motor was upgraded before I purchased it and it already had 20" tires on it. I lifted it 6" and put 23" tires on and expected to gain a little speed. Speed was unchanged (maybe lost 1 mph). Was I unrealistic to think I would gain a little speed from these changes?
Larger tires require more torque to turn. It takes more power to give you more torque. You'll need to do upgrades to make it work as you intended. Welcome to the addiction.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:40 PM   #3
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you for your quick response. What additional upgrades are required to gain some speed?
Old 08-20-2017, 10:38 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Give us info on the motor, and Controller. Some other info would begood too. Like how old are batteries, cables (stock 6ga or upgraded).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:12 AM   #5
SWFLrunner
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

If it was only so easy....

You're probably just maxed out on what the system in it's current state can accomplish at this point and are looking at power/efficiency upgrades to get any more out of it.

Welcome, you're peeking down the rabbit hole, the thickness of your wallet will determine how far down you go if you jump in.

Batteries and condition are the first item to assess. After that or at the same time look at physical condition; tire inflation, brake condition, alignment, condition of every power cable connection. Get those all squared away and get a good base line, then you can look at power upgrades off of that baseline and decide where you want to be.
SWFLrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:33 PM   #6
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys. Sounds like I have some homework to do... I'm certainly at the beginning of the learning curve with this thing.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:04 PM   #7
Dsiekman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

For comparison, I have a 98 txt 36v with a lift and 23 inch low pressure tires (sidewall says max 5 psi but I run them a little higher). I have the original motor, 4g battery cables, and back seat. Everything else is pretty much stock except for lighting. New batteries. I get +/- 12-13 mph on level ground.
Dsiekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #8
jhop869986
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 98 TXT that's been converted to 48v, Alltrax controller, FSIP motor, 2 gauge cables, HD solenoid, 4" lift and 22" tires, I hit 29-30 mph. Like someone said above, thickness of your wallet will get you were you want to be but it can be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhop869986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:06 PM   #9
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What pressure did you put in your tires? I'd check that first, but beyond that the people here have shown you the pills, now you decide if you take the red pill or the blue pill...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:11 PM   #10
DW@VW
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 2009 TXT with a FSIP motor and a Curtis controller with the speed chip sitting on 205/65/10 tires and I'm good for 23 mph......that's good enough for me around our community.
DW@VW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO