lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
sstuner
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Replacement Time

I purchased my 2004 EzGo TXT last week and now its battery replacement time. I failed to check out the date stamp on the Exide GC-110 which was dated Jan 2007.

After installing Carts Unlimited volt meter/plate and took it for a small ride (1/8 mile). It barely made it up my driveway.

Oh well...

Still happy with the purchase.
sstuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2017, 09:40 AM   #2
isriam
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Battery Replacement Time

some people might disagree but i bought my batteries from some dude on craigslist for 385 for 7. he gave me a 1yr warranty and had energizer gc2. my cart is a 97 so i'm not spending big bucks for nice stuff for it.
isriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:03 AM   #3
sstuner
Not Yet Wild

Did a real quick search on CL with no luck. Isriam, thanks for the tip.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:22 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The good news is that the cart might have been well maintained.

Exide GC-110 batteries are only rated at 186AH vs the 225AH of the standard battery used in 36V battery packs, so their lifespan is only about 85% of the expected lifespan of the standard 36V battery pack and finding a set of GC-110's that are nearly 11 years old and can still hold enough energy to move the cart over 200 yards is remarkable.

The replacement batteries ought to be about 225AH.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:58 PM   #5
sstuner
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The good news is that the cart might have been well maintained.

Exide GC-110 batteries are only rated at 186AH vs the 225AH of the standard battery used in 36V battery packs, so their lifespan is only about 85% of the expected lifespan of the standard 36V battery pack and finding a set of GC-110's that are nearly 11 years old and can still hold enough energy to move the cart over 200 yards is remarkable.

The replacement batteries ought to be about 225AH.
Never thought about it that way. Thanks JohnnieB

Yes, for a 2004 Ezgo TXT my cart is in remarkable shape.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00909_6OQr3pRdl2c_1200x900.jpg (179.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-01-2017, 02:44 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Nice looking cart.

Is it a Series drive with a reversing contactor, or a PDS with CC F/R switch mounted next to your right leg?

What controller is installed?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:57 PM   #7
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That certainly is a nice looking golf cart!

I found a good deal at Advance Auto on Golf Cart batteries. They had a whole set in the back that either sat on the showroom floor for over 5 months (company policy) or were a customer return. $47.50 a battery and 3 month warranty.

My buddy later went in for the same deal and he found a set at a different store, but still local. My buddy actually got a better deal because he just asked for a discount "because he was so beautiful"... My buddy has a face for radio, so he has fun with lines like that. They gave him another 10% off! I didn't get the extra 10% though.

My batteries lasted about 4 years but are weak now because my Powerwise charger started continually under-charging the pack. My buddy's batteries are still going strong 3+ years later, but he has a military grade charger.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:22 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well, get that discount however you can. Myself, I'm not a big fan of "buy the cheapest crap you can get a deal on", only because everyone thinks those cheapos should also last them 7 or more years (like a quality pack might). If you buy cheapos, and only get 3 years, you got what you paid for. No whining. The cheapos only seem to last about 2 years with steady golf use.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO