lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2020, 11:09 AM   #21
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Which cart to buy? Club Car bs Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwls13 View Post
Well the 2005 Club Cars they had advertised are actually Yamahas. I’m heading out today to see them (check on what year and model they are) etc. probably just dial back my hopes in getting a cart this weekend and wait til I find the right one.

Evidently there is a list of guys that want the carts.
I found my last two carts on Facebook marketplace. Both under $300 and both needing $2k worth of repairs/upgrades.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #22
hotwls13
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
I found my last two carts on Facebook marketplace. Both under $300 and both needing $2k worth of repairs/upgrades.
Yep the ones I’m finding are also on Facebook. Craigslist is just too limited and priced higher typically.

I went and looked at the carts. They have a bunch of Yamahas and from the serial numbers I see they are G22 2006 gmax model. They have working ones with used batteries that are a mix of 2014-2018 year batteries.

They do have one club car (green). It has 4 12v batteries. I’ll include some pics of the club car.
hotwls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:56 PM   #23
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks very familiar to my latest score.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200121_163216_resized.jpg (265.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-01-2020, 02:12 PM   #24
hotwls13
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Looks very familiar to my latest score.
Yup. Yours looks much better. Haha

Here’s what the Yamahas look like $900.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 328B08D1-8B43-43E7-921D-7C15EB76540C.jpg (196.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5B5228A6-91C4-48E2-B285-5A910780F8E7.jpg (216.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1D5544E2-82EA-4620-AB76-3682AB5DFC86.jpg (225.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-03-2020, 11:36 AM   #25
hotwls13
Not Yet Wild

Bumping this back up. I talk to the guy Tomorrow. Not sure what would be my best option. I'm shooting for least expensive while having a cart that goes/stops/turns.

The Yamaha's (2006 G22 Gmax) have 6 8v batteries. I can get pretty much get any one of those for $900 with used batteries (2014-2018 ) but who knows how long they will last as these are old carts/batteries that the golf course mx guy is cobbling together to get them out. But it will be running when I pick it up.

They have ONE club car. It has 12v batteries. I could probably get that one, running for $900. Since this is a Club Car section, I'm guessing you guys will lean that way. From what I've read, 12v isn't good 8v is better? WOuld the 12v system work good enough for the year I plan on using it?

Lastly, they have mentioned selling the carts for $300-400 with no batteries (not sure if that's no cores or just dead batteries). I'm planning to ask them if it would be a good/functioning cart just with bad batteries. If so, I think this is the best option, then go buy new batteries.

Thoughts?
Old 02-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #26
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Brand preference aside...
I think Club Car has the best aftermarket support, hands down.
I wouldnt hesitate buying a 4x12v cart.
The 6x8v conversion is readily available from our site sponsors if you choose that route.

Battery suppliers all have different core charge prices... so just figure out the math.
If its cheaper to eat the core charge and buy a cart without batteries... do that... but only if you can verify running condition.
The biggest risk there is... not knowing if the cart actually runs.
At least with crappy batteries you have a way to power up and drive the cart, even if its only 20ft.

I bought mine with the understanding "all it needs is batteries"... only to find out it needed everything electrical replaced. Entire harness, mcor, motor controller and all.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:31 PM   #27
hotwls13
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Brand preference aside...
I think Club Car has the best aftermarket support, hands down.
I wouldnt hesitate buying a 4x12v cart.
The 6x8v conversion is readily available from our site sponsors if you choose that route.

Battery suppliers all have different core charge prices... so just figure out the math.
If its cheaper to eat the core charge and buy a cart without batteries... do that... but only if you can verify running condition.
The biggest risk there is... not knowing if the cart actually runs.
At least with crappy batteries you have a way to power up and drive the cart, even if its only 20ft.

I bought mine with the understanding "all it needs is batteries"... only to find out it needed everything electrical replaced. Entire harness, mcor, motor controller and all.
Thanks for all the info. What's the downside to staying 4x12v for now?
Old 02-03-2020, 01:39 PM   #28
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks for all the info. What's the downside to staying 4x12v for now?
Less lead (4x12v) = less run time.

More lead (6x8v) = more run time.

Even more lead (8x6v) = even more run time.

More lead also = more weight... so theres that too.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:26 PM   #29
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Bumping this back up. I talk to the guy Tomorrow. Not sure what would be my best option. I'm shooting for least expensive while having a cart that goes/stops/turns.

The Yamaha's (2006 G22 Gmax) have 6 8v batteries. I can get pretty much get any one of those for $900 with used batteries (2014-2018 ) but who knows how long they will last as these are old carts/batteries that the golf course mx guy is cobbling together to get them out. But it will be running when I pick it up.

They have ONE club car. It has 12v batteries. I could probably get that one, running for $900. Since this is a Club Car section, I'm guessing you guys will lean that way. From what I've read, 12v isn't good 8v is better? WOuld the 12v system work good enough for the year I plan on using it?

Lastly, they have mentioned selling the carts for $300-400 with no batteries (not sure if that's no cores or just dead batteries). I'm planning to ask them if it would be a good/functioning cart just with bad batteries. If so, I think this is the best option, then go buy new batteries.

Thoughts?
If you can buy any of those running carts for $300 - $400 with chargers either with or without bad batteries that is a steal. Better to have the cores.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:43 AM   #30
hotwls13
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
If you can buy any of those running carts for $300 - $400 with chargers either with or without bad batteries that is a steal. Better to have the cores.
Actually thinking of getting 2. If I can get them for $300, get them both working and sell the other one to recoup some of my battery costs. ;)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car