lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
csvin
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 club car problem

Hello everyone,
Im having trouble getting my 98 club car to run. I dont usually post on forums asking for help unless i feel i have browsed around enough to make it worth your time. So thanks in advance for anyone who decides to help. I appreciate it alot.

This is a 98 club car 48v which looks like the previous owner had someone do a upgrade to the 36 volt motor.

Problem: Cart will not move.
The cart quit on me after backing out of someones driveway.
I have tested the voltage on the pack and it reads 49.5
I have replaced the solenoid along with the diode and resistor. But I cannot even get the solenoid to click. It works fine if I jump the two large posts on the solenoid.
The cart also charges just fine.
I'm in the process of resetting the OBC while typing this post.

Sorry if i forgot to post some info.

Editing to say; The resistor on the solenoid also seems to get very hot when pushing on the accelerator pedal.

Edit#2
ok i figured it out its the yellow wire that comes out of the obc that has something wrong with it. when i jump from that post to ground on #6 battery it runs fine. Does that mean i need a new obc?
csvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 98 club car problem

i would check the microswitch that activates the solenoid and the wiring for it......if it runs when you jump it it has to be in activation circuit.................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car