lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Speedvision
Not Yet Wild

Default All Sports A-arm lift passenger tire grinds...

I've made several attempts to properly align my new a-arm kit to prevent the passenger tire from grinding the pavement during a full lock left turn. Toe is at an 8th and camber adjustment rods are equal length, doesn't happen when I do a full lock right turn. Cart drives straight and handles well. Passenger front tire is showing more wear from this issue an ideas?
Speedvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: All Sports A-arm lift passenger tire grinds...

Sounds like your steering rack is overextended on one side. You should have close to the same thread count on both sides of the steering rack where you adjust your tie rods.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Speedvision
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: All Sports A-arm lift passenger tire grinds...

Thanks, that was the 2nd thing I tired, it's within a thread of being dead even (while maintaining toe). I had originally adjusted them to center the steering wheel, but I adjusted it back to trying and correct the turning problem described. Both cases, the passenger side wheel grinds the pavement. Maybe I'll try to shorten the passenger side tie rod and add that to the driver side to see if I can find the proper balance or?
Speedvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car