lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #21
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Scotty's Meter Install On My Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Done. Erict thats great. I still will probably put the meter where yours is. Thanks much.
Did you run wires back to your pack?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #22
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

No, I had planned on using the red and black/yellow stripped wire that is already there. Its funny because when I meter these two wires it reads exactly what the pack reads. There was discusion about these wires being .5 volts off. Not sure about that. I would rather not go to the pack if possible because I would like to keep the amount of terminal rings on the battery posts to a minimum. There is already a wire on the positive side of the pack for the charger and that will just add another. Your thoughts??????????
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

LR, that makes sense to me. Good to hear not all of the Precedent carts are off by .5v behind the dash. Thanks for posting that info.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #24
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

scottyb, I received your meter in the mail yesterday(thanks). I will not have time to install it until this weekend. I will meter again and test its voltage readings when I am done. I will add to this post with the results. Erict and I have decided to mount it next to the stering column on the dash on the right side. See his above pics. My only reservation for that is I cant see it directly due to the scorecard hoder on the sterring wheel. I may replace the wheel anyway and that will solve that problem. There was also discusion about putting it on the dash off to the right, but there seems to be some sort of a holder on the rear of the dash for wires. Erict's is for his lights. Dont want to mess up any future mods by cutting off the box type holder.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #25
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
No, I had planned on using the red and black/yellow stripped wire that is already there. Its funny because when I meter these two wires it reads exactly what the pack reads. There was discusion about these wires being .5 volts off. Not sure about that. I would rather not go to the pack if possible because I would like to keep the amount of terminal rings on the battery posts to a minimum. There is already a wire on the positive side of the pack for the charger and that will just add another. Your thoughts??????????
Just to make sure I would double check and take a reading at the pack and at the feed behind the dash. Mine was actually .6v off between the two readings. This doesn't mean all are like this but there is some sort of resistance on my cart causing a lower reading using the dash feed.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #26
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lowrider, I also meant to tell you that I only had to put an eyelet on the end of my Neg cable feed wire and attach it to the battery. The Pos battery cable already had a factory pigtail that I just connected the pos feed wire too.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #27
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

yea, i too saw that positive pigtail. If I have to go to the pack I will use that. I assume it is there for a reducer because it is a HEAVY DUTY pigtail. I dont plan on a reducer because the only accessory beside the the meter is my horn and the good folks on this forum has convinced me into attaching it to 2 batteries to power it with 16 volts. I have tesetd and all seems well. Its a beep beep horn(loud but wimpy) and now I think I am going to get greedy and buy a real horn from the auto store $15.99 and try that with 16 volts. That should scare the bojesus out of my buds. It should be fine for short honk honk bursts. We will see.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #28
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
yea, i too saw that positive pigtail. If I have to go to the pack I will use that. I assume it is there for a reducer because it is a HEAVY DUTY pigtail. I dont plan on a reducer because the only accessory beside the the meter is my horn and the good folks on this forum has convinced me into attaching it to 2 batteries to power it with 16 volts. I have tesetd and all seems well. Its a beep beep horn(loud but wimpy) and now I think I am going to get greedy and buy a real horn from the auto store $15.99 and try that with 16 volts. That should scare the bojesus out of my buds. It should be fine for short honk honk bursts. We will see.
Just double check that the voltage is the same between the pack and dash feed.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #29
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Will do. Cant take it apart until this weekend.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #30
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Will do. Cant take it apart until this weekend.
Sounds good... I'm just racking my brain trying to figure out why mine shows different. Just one one of those scratch your head things I like to figure out. I know the other member in this post (delagem) had the same issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car