lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
vdubstar33
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 48v club car rebuild

I have been "restoring" a 99 club car for a couple years now by doing one thing at a time. I come on the forums and read up on a subject and then I go do that part.
In the last few weeks I have torn it all down to do it right and finish up some loose ends. Over the last few years it has always ran great and I haven’t had problems with the charging system. The batteries and cables were new about a year ago and it has a 2 year old aftermarket charger. Before I brought it into the garage to tear it down it wouldn’t move and I had to charge 2 batteries at a time to get the charger to kick on. It came on charged and I moved it. Now that have just about finished and I am ready to put it back together it wont charge again. I didn’t touch anything electrical except disconnecting the key switch but I reconnected all the wires once I removed it from the plastic housing. I tried to bypass the obc by running a wire from the small terminal with the yellow wire on the solenoid to the (-) on the 6th battery but that didn’t help.
The overall battery pack reading is at 49v and the individuals are all with in 0.5 of each other. I have been working my butt off to get this done to take camping with my kids. The weekend we are camping is coming up quick and they are going to be upset if I cant get it done. I tried to go to a couple local shops but they all insist I buy a new OBC from them, if that was bad wouldn’t bypassing the obc work?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the long post but I have invested every night on this for the past month and I am getting desperate.
vdubstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 99 48v club car rebuild

it dosn,t always work....you can try running a jumper wire from the small post on solenoid where yellow wire is attached to the neg. terminal #6 battery see if that does anything...............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
vdubstar33
Not Yet Wild

I did try that but it didnt make the charger come on.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
vdubstar33
Not Yet Wild

Nothing?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I believe there is a way to bypass your relay on the charger and force charge the cart however if you do it should be monitored closely as it will not trickle charge. instead it will stay at full power charge until you pull the plug. This might be a way to charge short term but ultimately I foresee battery damage.

Long term would be to fix the OBC issue and make sure it is the identical obc that is already in your cart.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
vdubstar33
Not Yet Wild

I can drive my cart but just cant get the charger to come on. If the cart moves does that prove that the solenoid is fine?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubstar33 View Post
I can drive my cart but just cant get the charger to come on. If the cart moves does that prove that the solenoid is fine?
yes and chances are OBC is bad.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #8
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Talking Re: 99 48v club car rebuild

Quote:
Yes sir
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
vdubstar33
Not Yet Wild

well the funny thing is that my cart doesnt move. I drove it into the garage and even drove it around a couple times but now it wont move. I went out today and bought a HD Solenoid and hooked it up and nothing changed. Do I need to replace the resistor and diode as well?
Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #10
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
well the funny thing is that my cart doesnt move. I drove it into the garage and even drove it around a couple times but now it wont move. I went out today and bought a HD Solenoid and hooked it up and nothing changed. Do I need to replace the resistor and diode as well?
. . . for what they cost, it is worth a try . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car