lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Default someone throw me a bone!!!!!

Gonna make this as simple as possible. All connections good. batt. pack 51.2 on 2y/o batts. HD solenoid sending full voltage to controller. PB-6 working perfect. Cart was going 25mph, now 10-15mph. Cart still has no problem going up incline. How do I know if its the motor or the controller? Voltage out to motor is also 51v. The cables to controller had been loose. Guessing alot of heat was built up in controller. Can solenoid cause this problem?? thinking not.. 700a controller, GEd380 motor. beefed up cables... Need to order new controller ASAP, if thats the problem. have youth hunt with younguns soon. Also if controller?? who has best deal on a 500-600a controller. thx
la-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: someone throw me a bone!!!!!

My guess is it's probably not the solenoid. That either outputs or it doesn't.

If your pack voltage is good (which it is) and you get proper voltage at the motor, my guess would be that the controller is the problem. That's what regulates power to the motor.
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

With the cart on jacks so nobody gets hurt.
test leads on controller B- and M- you should have 51v when the solenoid clicks and then as the peddle is pushed down that 51v should go to almost zero.
Is that happening as described? if yes then the motor might be suspect. If no the controller could be hash
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, will check tomorrow. Still thinking its gonna b the controller. Hate to say it but its the lesser of the two, price wise!! Here's a open ? What controller do I replace it with. Cart has 5" lift, with homeade rear seat, 10" steel wheels and 23" UTV tires.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

is speed sensor testing ok/ almost sounds like limp mode but i think it would be slower.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
is speed sensor testing ok/ almost sounds like limp mode but i think it would be slower.......................................
Could be, you are not describing the typical controller failure... in fact I haven't heard of a control that failed with partial speed? So solenoid welded or brushes bad or like Shadowman says, limp mode?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Just checked what scottyb said yest. Put probes on m- and b- engaged soln. Got 50v, pressed pedal down, stopped at 14v. Also what is limp mode?? Thx guys
Old 10-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You never said, is this a series cart?

Can you check / test your throttle output? What year is the cart?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Well I think I'm screwed. Went to put in another solenoid I had and in my very limited experience and not thinkin straight I switched cables on the pack. In other words I put the cable from controller to pos side of pack and the cable off the bottom of soln to neg. side of pack. Nothing works now, did put old soln back on and still nothing. Please be gentle in telling me what I prob fried.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Also when I now do the m- and the b- test scottyb said to do the voltage stays the same as I push pedal down. Prob finished off controller with my screw up, this is a series motor with a PB-6 that goes from 5k to 0k.

Last edited by la-boy; 10-26-2012 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: XtrA info
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car