lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
decibels5
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 91 Marathon Restoration w/txt front end and pics

So, I started my project 3 weekends ago. Have been working on it every Saturday.

So far, I have stripped it down, got her running good. New motor, batteries and still working on a little bit of the wiring. New fwd/rev switch. Today I started the front end phase.

I could not find a replacement front metal cowl, so I received a post from the guy with a yellow marathon on here that has the txt front end.

Here you go. I will try to take picture for any one who cares if I dont get lost in ideas while Im working.
decibels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
decibels5
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 91 Marathon Restoration w/txt front end and pics

083.jpg

085.jpg

087.jpg

089.jpg
Old 03-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
decibels5
Not Yet Wild

084.jpg

091.JPG

090.jpg
Old 03-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
decibels5
Not Yet Wild

As you can see, to fit the txt front end, you have to round the front end. I started with cutting off small portions until I finally was able to fit the txt front end on. Currently the two bottom holes on the txt cowl align perfectly with the holes in the frame of the marathon. And the mounting plate that goes on the dash supports the top of the cover. I added two brackets and I will be filling in the two factory holes on the side of the txt cover. I will be drilling new ones to mount the sides of the cover and eventually the struts to support the roof.

I can do everything in the world mechanically except for weld. This was absolutely the first time in my life I have ever touched a welder. So hold the jokes. It took me two hours for about two feet of welding. LOL. It is strong as hell though.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
decibels5
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: 91 Marathon Restoration w/txt front end and pics

Next steps are to find a dash, fit the dash, make the final mounting points for the front end.

Then, I will be starting the lift kit and suspension rebuild while the panels are off to paint.

If anyone has a dash for sale, let me know before I buy a new one.

I have an extra marathon for parts that I am using. If anyone needs anything, let me know. Will sell parts for cheap if I don't need them.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It looks cool!! Thanks for posting pic's !! It may help me out some day!
Vavoomskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
bud light
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks like a lot of fun.
bud light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #8
decibels5
Not Yet Wild

Question Need Help, IM back!!!

Well,

I had to put the project on hold for work and some personal items. But, Im back and need some help. I have two more problems to fix and then it is time for reassembly.

I installed a new forward/reverse contactor assembly. It only has 1 fwd and 1 rev switch, not like the schematic that has a total of 3. I have forward with no issues. Reverse only works when I push the switch in with my fingertip. Is something adjusted or hooked up wrong? Please help. I will post some pics tomorrow.

If I put the contactor in reverse, push the microswitch and release with my fingertip, reverse works fine. Forward always works fine.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You may be connected to the wrong microswitch (ms). Of the 2 ms on the F&R one is triggered in both direction and one is triggered in reverse only. The potentiometer ms should connect to the one that triggers in both directions. I think this will solve your problem. Follow the diagram below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo marathon controller cart.jpg (170.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #10
decibels5
Not Yet Wild

I think this might be my issue. The schematic and every other schematic that I have seen has a total of 3 microswitches on the contactor. I bought a new one from Nivel and it only has two. They are certain that it is the correct one for the marathon. Should I add another switch?

Can I combine the wiring on the side with the 2 switches?? I am thinking something may short out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You may be connected to the wrong microswitch (ms). Of the 2 ms on the F&R one is triggered in both direction and one is triggered in reverse only. The potentiometer ms should connect to the one that triggers in both directions. I think this will solve your problem. Follow the diagram below.

Tags
marathon cowl replacement
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO