lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #11
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My medalist build

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg9719 View Post
Made some more progress today.

The leftover lbs rust coating I had hardened up in the jar I'd poured it into. So I picked up a can of rustoleum spray undercoating. I coated the floor pans and was very pleased with the results. Reinstalled them and cleaned the dash up and put it back in place. Cleaned up the floor mat and got it in. I left all the back rivets out for the firewall/front panel of rear body.
Still have to order a new battery tray and I think I'm going to do a camp vinyl wrap so I'm gonna do that with the panels off.

The steering column is just sitting for now. The bottom is flaking so I need to get some more undercoating and spray it.

I tore into the brakes and cleaned and greased everything that needed to be. Need to get a socket to torque the axle nuts. They're just hand tight for now.

Yea I got the rivet kit and was tired of trying to figure them out. I just used some 3/16 x 1/2 rivets I already had so far. I guess at least I'll use the black rivets on the dash from the kit so its not a complete waste.

I'll have to check on shocks. Mined were so worn and I had to sawzall the rears off and they went in the trash. I'll definitely let ya know when I get to that point.
Looking good Greg, Now is the time for new wiring and switches..Have you thought about accesories? Cig plug, led lights,volt meter?
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #12
greg9719
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea. I'm thinking of installing a stereo into the golf ball holder. I'm probably going to put in Scotty B's digital volt meter when I order all my stuff from him. Still undecided on lights. I'm thinking an led light bar mounted on the underside of the roof and yes a dig lighter socket sounds good too. I assume a desperate 12v battery would be best for those plans or will a voltage reducer work for all that?
greg9719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #13
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

There has and will be many thread on the use of a 12V or using your pack for power. I had a marine battery in my shop and with our cart the driver side pocket it is a perfect place for it. I even had a battery box to put it in. So I went the 12v route. But I rarely use the 12V side except for hunting lights. I did however use my Garmin GPS to measure mileage and speed yesterday and was very happy at having the cig lighter to do that. NO stereo though, but if you guys keep talking about it I probably will be shamed into one
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO