lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #21
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: PDS beeps and motor stops the cart.

99% chance you have a loose/corroded/intermittent connection somewhere in your control circuit wiring (the thin wires, not the thick battery cables).
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #22
chriskent85
Gone Wild

well Guys i have figured it out. there was a broken wire coming from the throttle. the pin was broke right has it goes into the plug, sometime it would short out but when i put new pins in it the cart doesn't beep or stop.
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #23
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

I think that pedal harness is a big problem spot for EZGOs. I just finished changing mine. Glad you are back on the road!
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The inline connector to the pedal box strikes again.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #25
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Well that was one problem that needed to be fixed anyway but It ended up not being the problem. When I tested the cart and it worked I didn't have the speed sensor plugged in and I buttoned everything up and put the controller cover on and it went back to beeping. I cswitchd out the new speed sensor to an old one that I spliced a new end on and it fixed the problem. Tested it plenty of times before I put it back together. Called nivel and had them send me a replacement for the sensor that I just got from them
Old 01-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #26
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

My pedal box harness, at least the lower half of it, was covered in that black harness collecting plastic mess that they cover ezgos in. Mine was full of mud. I put the new one in, again with the mud trap in it, not knowing what would be better, tho........
Old 01-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #27
chriskent85
Gone Wild

the thing is acting up again, got the new speed sensor in and installed it along with the new ITS sensor and now its beeping again, i took the speed sensor out of the one that is working right and it went straight into limp mode, put it back on the other cart and it worked fine, put the new speed sensor back in the cart thats not working good and it beeps and motor stops it again. On the cart that works perfect the solenoid doesnt click off till both tires are completely stopped, the cart that isnt working right the solenoid clicks before the wheels stop and thats what trips the beeping and motor. So im waiting on another speed sensor from them and if that doesnt work it looks like i might have got a bad controller from someone, ive switched these controllers back and forth so many times i dont remember which is which
Old 01-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #28
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Did U change your micro switch? Is it functioning?
Old 01-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #29
chriskent85
Gone Wild

this cart is the first cart i got running and it ran fine before, the other cart i switched the micro switch and it was still doing it. What happened is when i got the cart that wasn't running right running i left it like it was. The cart that is running now has an old speed sensor in it from the cart that was good, now the cart that was good has the new speed sensor and doing the same. Hopefully when the new sensor comes in that will fix it. Do you think that the micro switch could be bad?
Old 01-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #30
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Its easy to test.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO