lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
Matthewts
Not Yet Wild

Default Universal Turn Signal Install Issues

Bought a Universal Turn Signal Kit from BU for my 95 txt freedom. I have a little better than 12v going into and coming out of the blinker relay and have the white wire properly grounded. The signal indicators on the stem box function and blink properly. However, there is no signal output (12v) from the corresponding wires (or any wire) coming out of the stem box. By that I mean the wires coming out of the turn signal stem housing. Of course, these wires are the ones connected to the factory signal lights via wire loom in dash. Any ideas ?
Matthewts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Universal Turn Signal Install Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewts View Post
Bought a Universal Turn Signal Kit from BU for my 95 txt freedom. I have a little better than 12v going into and coming out of the blinker relay and have the white wire properly grounded. The signal indicators on the stem box function and blink properly. However, there is no signal output (12v) from the corresponding wires (or any wire) coming out of the stem box. By that I mean the wires coming out of the turn signal stem housing. Of course, these wires are the ones connected to the factory signal lights via wire loom in dash. Any ideas ?
Not sure what you mean by properly grounded, carts use a two wires to everything, so there is no common ground.

Also, if cart had factory lights without turn signals, you nave to move a couple wires at the rear (brake) lights. See text at bottom of attached wiring diagram.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Accessory Wiring.JPG (80.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #3
Matthewts
Not Yet Wild

By properly grounded I mean the signal stem housing white wire is attached to a ground found in the dash. Test light used to confirm proper grounding of stem housing. I have the diagram you posted. Still no output (+) on any of the output wires from the housing that are suppose to activate the turn signals.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Okay, just as long as the frame isn't being used for a ground.

Do the brake lights work when Turn signal lever is in neutral?

Also, is the parking brake off while testing?
Old 02-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Matthewts
Not Yet Wild

I haven't even messed with the rear turn/brake lights yet. I am just trying to determine if the unit that I purchased is defective. Indicator on stem housing blinks correctly, just no output from ANY of the wires going to the turn signals. Parking brake is off.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Some flashers need to have an amp flow to flash, but it definitely could be a bad unit. New doesn't always mean good.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:18 PM   #7
Matthewts
Not Yet Wild

It came with a heavy duty thermal flasher. I couldn't even get it to flash. I went out on got an electronic flasher and that is what got me up and going to where I am now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO