lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2014, 11:08 AM   #21
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Jesus what a fast cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Ask JohnnieB is 6400 rpm is high. That's when his motor let go and locked up the rear tires. Scary stuff.
I didn't say that it was wise or recommended but seems like we were jumping on the OP like it wasn't possible and what he's stating is at least possible. Banded motors will safely turn that rpm so it all depends on what the motor is. I just don't know enough about a/c motors in general and certainly not the particular one in question to know if that is something that's a normal deal or not.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #22
suzook1
Getting Wild

I take no offense people. And there may be some missing equation here but I know what my eyes saw. Either way I am marveled that his cart is that fast period. Even if its 33 it is still way faster than my modded Yamaha drive. Which by the way is being sold as I am moving to RXV :)
suzook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #23
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook1 View Post
I take no offense people. And there may be some missing equation here but I know what my eyes saw. Either way I am marveled that his cart is that fast period. Even if its 33 it is still way faster than my modded Yamaha drive. Which by the way is being sold as I am moving to RXV :)
No offense intended at all I am just curious about what was done to the cart. I know a DC series cart and an AC powered cart are different animals but to get 30 I spent more than a few bucks. All I'm saying is that if all it takes is a speed code and a gear change to get an RXV to perform like that, I know what my next cart might be

BTW: The folks at EMP that built my motor (when the cart was 36v) said my speed limit was 30mph. To rework it for more rpm would cost almost as much as a new motor so I'll stay at 30 or below and like it.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #24
suzook1
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
No offense intended at all I am just curious about what was done to the cart. I know a DC series cart and an AC powered cart are different animals but to get 30 I spent more than a few bucks. All I'm saying is that if all it takes is a speed code and a gear change to get an RXV to perform like that, I know what my next cart might be

BTW: The folks at EMP that built my motor (when the cart was 36v) said my speed limit was 30mph. To rework it for more rpm would cost almost as much as a new motor so I'll stay at 30 or below and like it.
I have one on order to which is identical in specs. Trust me when I pick it up its getting a few runs to ensure before I sign on the dotted line :)
Old 03-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #25
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well good luck with the deal and the cart
Old 03-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #26
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Jesus what a fast cart

Let us know if he is running upgraded motor or upgraded controller. If this is just a gear swap + reprogram, this should be a performance upgrade for relatively little money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #27
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Are there upgraded controllers or motors available for rxv? I don't know.

I certainly don't mean to sound like I'm jumping on the OP. I was only asking additional questions to put this puzzle together.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #28
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree. I'm not arguing. I just want to know as well.

I don't know if there are upgraded controllers and or motors
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #29
suzook1
Getting Wild

hey guys no worries, all grain of salt. I know we all like to get into the nook and crannies and admittedly I am a noob. Thats verified by the lack of accurate info at the start. I will keep you all posted but he swears its just the cart stock, speed code and gears.... we shall see. He is good friend so I see no reason to bs me.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #30
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Is he going to set your new cart up just like the one you rode in?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO