lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2020, 06:02 AM   #1
Orangie
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Jerky throttle

Well my issues of poor battery life and jerky throttle are fixed. cgtech was on the right path when he wanted better pics of my brushes when I had the motor out weeks ago and biphase was also helpful with simple explanation of these dang carts so thanks to these guys and everyone else who may have offered suggestions along the way.
So Tuesday I desided it was batteries and was going to a cart guy to get them and explained my situation. He offered to load test beforehand to make sure. (He is a 1.5 hr drive away). They made it 50mins which we both felt wasn’t my issue. We test drove after the test and it would act up of coarse. He had a new speed controller and offered to let me try it. The cart seemed different with new part so I bought it. We discussed for a bit and mentioned that sometimes the brushes can hang up coming out of storage to maybe check those again. Took cart home, recharge batteries, and still a pile [emoji90]. Took motor out next morning and only one of the brushes were moving nice. One was ok and the other 2 were f’ed. Ordered brushes, brought the armature back to life and back to normal we are. Thanks again for all the help and suggestions [emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:04 AM   #2
Orangie
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Jerky throttle

Old 05-31-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That commutator is so ugly, you'll be back in there before too long.

This is what a "good looking used" one would look like, before it's been cleaned up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor_commutator.jpg (104.3 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:54 PM   #4
Orangie
Getting Wild

Yamaha

It cleaned up ok but it’s still got some nasty to it for sure! I will find out soon enough I guess [emoji869]

Old 06-03-2020, 08:59 AM   #5
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Is that the stock Hitachi motor?
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:10 PM   #6
Orangie
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Yes it’s the stock motor

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha