lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2021, 09:50 AM   #31
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Solid state conversion and 36 to 48 volt

couple more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4765.jpg (127.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4766.jpg (263.0 KB, 0 views)
NewtoBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2021, 10:23 AM   #32
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can You post a picture showing all monitor screen fields (gauges and error flags) like the first picture above but with the key ON and while pressing the pedal about half way?

It looks like you don't have a pre-charge resistor installed, that is bad for the solenoid if you have been using the cart for a while that way.

With the pre-charge resistor installed, that battery voltage on the monitor screen should be a few volts less than your pack until you press the pedal and the solenoid clicks, at that point the voltage indicated in the monitor should match the pack voltage.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:28 PM   #33
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sergio. When I get back home I will get those pics. I do have the resistor installed and the diodes as instructed from Scotty. It’s all only been hooked up a few weeks and been sitting the last week or so. When it was working it worked great.

I did however unhook the battery pack. I let it sit about 10 minutes or so. I hooked everything back up and it worked like nothing ever happened. I’m wondering if our cold spell had anything to do with it. It dropped to 28 that morning.

I will still get those pics as I’m curious how the monitor portion will work. I’ll get my son to drive while we do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2021, 04:19 PM   #34
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok ok. I finally got the monitor tab pictures. I went to use it today to run down the street and low and behold it just clicked again. I checked the LED code and again over voltage. It was on charge the other day (Thursday) but has not been on charge since and has been driven since it had been charged. it has been parked for about 36 hours before todays no run. Coincidentally it is cool out again and was in low 40s this morning and currently while checking it now, it is in the low 60s. I plugged in the laptop and took the following pics. It is showing 50.9 volts on the digital meter in the dash but only 43 volts in the Alltrax tool box. it is showing 57.3 and 56.9 volts when i press the throttle in monitor tab of the toolbox. I'm trying to upload the pics of the monitor tab but it is saying the server is down due to maintenance. It could be my internet service too. I will upload them as soon as it lets me.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:39 PM   #35
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

here are the pics. any is appreciated. Looking at them they are kinda blurry due to lighting against the shiny screen. Hopefully you can read them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4833.jpg (161.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4832.jpg (237.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4831.jpg (148.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4830.jpg (155.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4829.jpg (152.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2021, 04:43 PM   #36
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Call Alltrax support when you are with the cart and a voltmeter. 541-476-3565-ext 3
Keep us posted
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:44 PM   #37
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

will do - thank you.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:39 PM   #38
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bump

I have been away for work but in contact with ALLtrax tech support back and forth. I have a few things to try and i will update this thread this week for those following. Sorry for the delay but gotta pay the bills first. know what i'm sayin????
Old 02-28-2021, 04:29 PM   #39
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

So here is the email message with Alltrax:

ME: I described the fault code issue (summary for ease of story) to Alltrax help desk

ALLTRAX: Controllers B+ is being read off B+ of the controller, not your battery pack. So what it’s seeing is down stream of the solenoid. Chances are the solenoid is either not activating when that problem occurs, or it’s not passing voltage for some reason.

Are you using the Black J1 terminal to ground your solenoid?

ME: Yes I have the solenoid ground to the j1 terminal.

I will check the solenoid with my multi-meter to be sure it is functioning.

ALLTRAX: Move that wire from J1 to B- so that the solenoid has a true ground, it may eliminate the problem you’re having.

moving on to fixing the cart this weekend:

I swapped my solenoid ground like instructed by alltrax support from the J1 to the B- for a more true ground. this took a few minutes a most. I then hooked the battery pack back up and turned on the key and gave it a gentle push of the throttle pedal. Nothing. I then removed the two middle batteries to get to the solenoid to swap it out for good measure since i already bought a new one (my multimeter isn't working for some reason and i need to get another one now). Once i removed the two batteries i could actually see the front side of the controller, and the B+ lug is essentially melted. see pic.

Now i'm sure this probably isn't covered under the warranty, so ill have to save some more mad money to get another controller before i can proceed with this project. i should of just burned $500 cash, i'd at least know for sure it was my fault ...lol. i mean - less than half a dozen cruises in the neighborhood working just fine and then its kahput. discouraging. hopefully the next one will go without a hitch.

Thank you to all on here that provided input. and Thanks to Alltrax support for their input. ill post in here again once i get the project going again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4991.jpg (139.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-28-2021, 05:55 PM   #40
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I've not seen that before. Is the bolt tight? What motor are you running?
Contact me by email so I can help. Include the B+ picture and a picture of the controller info tag, your name, address, phone and if you can a pic of the packing slip.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car