lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #11
GHale
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: driving thru tall grass and what kind of oil?

Word of caution in tall grass:

I have to drive my Carry All Turf 2 through a hay field every day and there's one thing to watch out for - dead grass sucked in through the fly wheel clogging around the cooling fins of the cylinder. Major overheat!

I finally placed aluminum screen over the shroud intake. It clogs up easily with dead grass (hay in my case), but at least it doesn't get pushed through the engine where you have to blow it or, as I had to do, remove the shrouds around the cylinder to blow and needle-nose pull the dead grass out. At least the screen is easy to push the dead grass off of occasionally as you continue to drive through the tall grass.
GHale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #12
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I add stabil to most of my gas cans, so I should be taken care of that situation

I will get some heavier gauge screen cloth/chicken wire type and this will let the motor still breath, and hopefully cut down on material lodging in the cooling fins on the motor

Also I am putting an electric start motor on my Swisher Mower and I should be able to keep a lot more of the fields cut- between bad people stealing our tractor and bush hog
and ladi da Brother in Law breaking mowers the place is going very wild and thick, f we fo not clean kt up, the brush will be so heavy only rabbits will be able to get through the fields- I did exactly what Father in law did brush hogged the place twice a year once in the spring and once late august- its tough to do with riding mowers
Our son know a guy that cuts and pays for usable Cedar trees and we got a ton of those-Our son's friend buys a new truck evvery 4 years on what he gets from the lumber sales
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #13
clubcar5
Gone Wild

Club Car

If my brother in law was blowing up mower engines and not fixing them soon enough for the grass to get that tall, I would disable the cart and tell him to get his own
clubcar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #14
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

is all the time, driving threw marsh and tall grass, my belt would slip all the time, motor would get hot too. i spent 50 bucks for a double sided cogged belt, from cpp, problem solved!! even bay water does not affect this belt. one of the best parts i have put on as far as slippin and water goes
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #15
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I have the double-sided cogged belt from CPP and I still have water slippage issues. I wonder what's up with that.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #16
clubcar5
Gone Wild

Club Car

i just got the double sided belt for my future swap from cpp - interested to see how it well it will do with water since my slips even going through a puddle.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #17
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

what do these belts cost?

And CC5 I would love to tell him to gfet his own, but he is the baby brother that can do no wrong
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #18
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/severe-...car-drive-belt

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #19
clubcar5
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by csport View Post
what do these belts cost?

And CC5 I would love to tell him to gfet his own, but he is the baby brother that can do no wrong

$50 bucks but I got the longer one for my swap to allow more clearance between the starter and rear end.

Yeah, I have one of those also!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car