lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 1999 Gas Club Car stock engine photo needed...

Hi fellow BGW members. It's been awhile since I posted, mainly because the 1992 Club Car DS that I had pimped out has been running so well that I just took some time to enjoy it. Here's a link to the thread on that build:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...s-upgrade.html

I recently picked up a 1999 Gas Club Car for $1500. It is pretty stock with the exception of a diamond plate box in the back. My intent with this cart is to restore it to stock condition for the wifey.

So far I have ordered new stock tires (the stock rims were in nice shape) and new shocks (the rear ones were bent and I had to grind the shocks to get them out). I also replaced all of the fuel lines, changed the oil and filter, and installed a new air cleaner.

Looking at the engine I see (1) braided line mounted at the lower frame by the body (near the F/R switch) and a broken connector that looks like it had another braided line going to it. I think that this mounts to the engine as well as the first one does.

I am also missing the Governor Guard, although it does not appear as though anything has been done to bypass the governor.

Does anyone have a completely stock engine that they could take a few photos of? I want to compare how things are wired, what might be missing, and go from there.

The cart does run super.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131003_115136_1.jpg (370.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20131003_115201.jpg (322.0 KB, 0 views)
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1999 Gas Club Car stock engine photo needed...

A little more information: it is the FE290 motor, which would be a clockwise directional motor (if I have researched correctly).

I have managed to find all of the manuals for it.

I will be replacing the diamond plate box, so if anyone wants it for a very reasonable price, lmk.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
ETChamp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

im interested in the box....will throw in what ever brackets are needed from my 99 club.
ETChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

line jumper for the box can pickup or meet in scranton
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Romrok
Not Yet Wild

In reference to the braided ground line.

It is an earth to help ground the engine when the pedal is released to ground out the ignition. Sometimes you find a cart that is struggling to run when the accelerator is at rest. That wire being broken is normally the culprit.

The ground bolt you found on the passenger side at the front of the engine bay normally has that braided wire which runs up to the nut that holds the dipstick tube in place, a black wire that runs to the drivers side, and sometimes a fine black wire if the cart has a fuel gauge.

The reason you have 2 braided wire lugs is that the person that replaced the first broken wire did not remove both the lock nut and then the standard nut to get the original placement of that wire. People get lazy or rust and such get in the way so they just add the new wire behind the first nut.

I dont have a DS in the shop just now to get a pic of the governor cover. But its just an odd shaped piece of black plastic that fits around/over the metal plate that holds the carb spring.

Goodluck
Rom
Romrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Romrok,

Upon closer inspection of the braided line and nut, I think that you are correct. It looks as though someone replace the braided line by adding an additional nut and washer without removing the old connector first.

I have enclosed a couple of pictures. There is also a threaded hole on the top (left side) of the engine that looks like something is missing. Anyone know what goes in that spot?

I am currently trying to get a (used) back seat support and basket assembly for this cart. I'll let those interested in the diamond plate box know when I am ready to sell it.

I also got new turf tires installed. Just waiting for (4) new shocks before I put everything back together. In the meantime I drained and replaced the rear transaxle gear lube, repacked the front wheel bearings, and lubed everything else with moly dry lube spray.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131011_105212.jpg (206.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20131011_105241.jpg (172.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20131011_105317.jpg (184.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car