lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2021, 06:28 PM   #71
Ro1and01
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Garia Golf Cart Review

I am thinking about buying a via, but the sport seats seam like they will collect water in the back, can anyone comment on this?
Ro1and01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2022, 12:45 PM   #72
Kallig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVision View Post
To increase speed you need to get someone to program the controller. I was able to achieve 34mph when I bought a new controller and had someone program it for our 2011. I called the guy up and he hasn't got the new code yet for the the newer carts. The member here Garia was the technical lead on the Garia carts and he would be the best bet for a modified controller. The stock carts are limited to 6K RPMs (I think) and I am getting 33-34mph from 7K rpm limit. Also more more torque. Most everything can be modified with a Curtis programmer (which I bought) EXCEPT max RPMs. Btw - It voids the warranty that's why I waited 3 years to replace.

Happy Holidays.

M

I recently acquired a used 2017 Golf Version and it tops at at 19mph. I'll be completely honest and say im a complete novice when it comes to technical info. Could you PM your email and possibly help steer me in the right direction on what I need to do to get more speed?

Thanks in advance!
Kallig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 04:45 AM   #73
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Default Garia Golf Cart Review - 12 year update

Thread update -

BackGround - Our 2011 Garia 2+2 cart has had 2 sets of new tires. Two sets of Trojan Batteries. Four new Brake Pressure Switches in 6K miles mainly street driven.

Modifications - Tricked out LED RGB lighting. Replaced Controller with one that was more amps and higher speed (RPM). That was a lengthy adventure as Garia has a very special programming per say.

Only now we have our 1st "Major" issue. Have a slight oil leak from the drivers side rear axle. The axle is also warmer than the other side so I am assuming we having a bearing failure.

I would normally be excited to work on the cart. Have not much reason to work on the Garia compared to the Club Car Carts we have owned. But, my mobility has really decreased in the last 10 years from an accident I had in the USAF. I really can't work under a vehicle anymore so I am forced to have the buggy serviced at the Garia dealer. Will be taking it to the dealer this week.

Summarize 12 years of owning a Garia Via 2+2. We absolutely love the cart for street use. Not sure we can replace it as this model is now north of $40K.

What we would change. First off would like a Lith model like so many other folks. Also I would like an adjustment for front wheel Camber. The cart has a too much negative camber and NO adjustment. Also would like 4 wheel disc brakes as ours only have front wheel disc brakes and drum in rear.

Hopefully we can get the bearing and seal fixed on rear axle. Looked at other cart options. Wife likes Evolution D3 but not much data on it and not fond of "Made in China" products.

Thanks BGW. Great forum, very helpful.

Mike
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 04:47 AM   #74
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro1and01 View Post
I am thinking about buying a via, but the sport seats seam like they will collect water in the back, can anyone comment on this?
We have sport seats. Yes a little water stays but since both front and back seats tilt it has not been an issue in 12 years of ownership.

M
Old 05-22-2023, 10:34 PM   #75
airtire
Not Yet Wild

Hello. I recently purchased a 2017 4 + 2 Courtesy and the display shows ECO, but there’s no speed switch to change the mode to Sport for more speed. Does anyone know if I’m stuck at 15 mph? Anyone have a hookup in Palm Desert for mods?
airtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 06:57 AM   #76
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Not familiar with your exact cart setup. You should look at it with a 1313-4401 Curtis Programmer and see if you can adjust the max RPM speed for whichever mode you are using. On our particular setup I set the torque mode setting to 6700 RPM of the 7000 rpm max RPM allowed (33mph). I can set max RPM either in the torque mode or in the NEV section of our controller up to the max motor setting (see photos attached). But that is our 350amp controller. Yours may differ.

M
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_7215.jpeg (328.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_7216.jpeg (349.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts