lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2016, 12:39 PM   #1
cyado1607
Not Yet Wild

Default '95 EZGO clutch not engaging

Hi all- I have a '95 ezgo that was parked about 2 months ago and was driving fine. I charged the battery that was dead and now it seems the engine will turn everything and you can feel the gear engage, but the clutch doesnt pull in. I'm not sure that the engine is getting up to the right speed to do so, kinda sounds like the choke is on, but checked that and everything is fine. I'm going to pull the carbs, check fuel, but not sure what else it could be... Thanks!
cyado1607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
cyado1607
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '95 EZGO clutch not engaging

UPDATE: I just realized that there is no fuel getting to the carb. Is there a way to prime the fuel pump to force fuel in to the carb?
cyado1607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:36 AM   #3
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Blow into the tank while turning it over they will lose prime over time if they sit long
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:00 PM   #4
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you could also try giving a little squirt of gas into the carb throat, that would be enough to start it and run it up in the RPMs for a second, hopefully that would get your pump to pumping again.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #5
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Sometimes, the pump tube from the crankcase that pulses the fuel pump will get some oil, water or both in it... Just me, I have had the same issue and I just went the whole way... I pulled the carb, fuel pump and all lines and cleaned. Blew them out and it started pumping great.. You'd be surprised the difference it will make.. Doesn't take long and all bases are covered..
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO