lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2016, 06:15 AM   #1
illumastorm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default making motor run without pushing peddel

new here an just picked up a 01 ez-go txt. has lift, big tires, stock robin 295 motor. was wondering if there is a way to start motor so it stays running without having to push gas peddle to start it an keep it running? can i wire it up to turn key to start an use another switch like a push button to make starter start motor an have motor stay running until i turn key switch to off, or a switch like a lawn mower that has start position? or is it wise to just keep it like normal an it starts when gas peddle is pushed?
i'll get pics of new cart put up one of these days lol...
illumastorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2016, 08:09 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: making motor run without pushing peddel

I'm sure there is, but you would have to shut it off then start it every time
you shift. I think the pedal start is one of the best features of a cart.

Welcome to the site.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
illumastorm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

ok, yea i thought of that also. think i'll just leave it like it is.
illumastorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:05 AM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

As Stove said, you have to stop the engine to shift. This topic has been covered a gazillion times and I can't say that anyone has ever definitively said its better. The argument that seems to come up most is "I want to leave my lights on." but, if you use led lighting, you shouldn't have much to worry about in battery drain. If that is a concern then you could always install a battery saver that disconnects the battery at a certain minimum voltage so you can still start the cart. As long as your starter/gen, voltage reg and battery are in good shape, you should be fine. Of course that's only relevant if you were concerned about it, lol. Good luck.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO