lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #21
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gem Car - 72 volt electric

Once again I suggest you use low amp and longer time to charge Gel Batteries to the point your on-board Gem Charger will take over and work. Why else would Gem change the charger when switching from lead acid batteries. It's because the Gels must be charged at a slower rate. They are unvented, operate at higher temps. and CAN EXPLODE from overcharging. These aren't my ideas. Just call the service dept. for Gem and ask why the Gels are treated differently. Hitting your Gels with a high amp charge can cause premature damage. Also there is good info on the 'Net about the slower charging of Gels as well. It sounds like you have a bad battery if only 1 volt after 24hrs.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #22
millenniumdawg
Not Yet Wild

I have a GEm car. 2005 with the gel batteries...I started getting a turtle icon almost as soon as I start going. I checked all the batteries and the voltages are as follows:

13.6, 13.2, 10.9, 12.9, 13.0, 13.1

Obviously, the 10.9 battery seems to be the problem. Will replacing it be what I need to get doing again? Thanks for any suggestions in advance...
millenniumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #23
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

yes the 10.9 batt has a bad cell
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #24
Rastus
Not Yet Wild

you should be getting a number 51 on the consel whitch means motor control not getting 72 volts if so controller or batts. and the charger is just charging. the batt companys want different algarythms but should still charge. my best guess is that the batt pack is way to low to inguage the charger into the charge function even if it is recognizing the gem.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #25
millenniumdawg
Not Yet Wild

The battery was indeed the problem....After searching the internet for a replacement battery, I went ahead and just put 6 new ones in. It seems the ones that were in it were put in service March of 2008..so it was about time for them to go out..Now my E4 GEM runs like a tiger, clocking out at over 35 MPH...Thanks for all the input!
millenniumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:14 AM   #26
Roscoe98
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2002 E825, it will not run, will not turn on, DOA, replaced the batteries and cables, nothing comes on. Does anyone have a clue????
Roscoe98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts