lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #11
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Default Re: Reverse/ Back up light

you could always use the reverse buzzer to activate a relay circuit.
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #12
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ya know, you all are right. that 55W light will draw 4.58 Amps on a 12V circuit. so, when it cooks (if it does) at least my A## will be on it and find out the hard way. I dont know what guage wire is required for that. I' run mine till it breaks anyay. theres a spare cart here I could probably use. Ya know, I love this sight., ive learned and use governer mod, 28deg clutch, oil cooler, verified my valve adj. technique, different air intake, extra lift and a front end drag link, suspension tip and probably more I forgot. This is a great sight and it does get used by me a lot. Thanks. and it was a good idea.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #13
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyton View Post
ya know, you all are right. that 55W light will draw 4.58 Amps on a 12V circuit. so, when it cooks (if it does) at least my A## will be on it and find out the hard way. I dont know what guage wire is required for that. I' run mine till it breaks anyay. theres a spare cart here I could probably use. Ya know, I love this sight., ive learned and use governer mod, 28deg clutch, oil cooler, verified my valve adj. technique, different air intake, extra lift and a front end drag link, suspension tip and probably more I forgot. This is a great sight and it does get used by me a lot. Thanks. and it was a good idea.
Tony it's a great idea and if it works for you and solves your problem even better. Thanks for sharing. If the other guys want to change it up well it's there cart to do it on.
Quadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #14
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Reverse/ Back up light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyton View Post
Gitt'em Tony, Gitt'em...
Again, Cool idea. That's what makes this forum great. Everyone can express his or her oppinion, share ideas, etc... You may never have a prob. with that little wire, but if ya do, ain't it good to know ya got people here to help?
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #15
ruredy
Born Wild

As I was riding around last night I was remembering this thread and thinking, hmmm, wouldn't it be cool if I had a backup up light. I hadn't been riding at night in awhile but trying to back up when it's pitch black is a b*tch. I'm going to hook one up like yours in the next few days. Thanks Tony
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #16
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is really nice to have, beats the heck out of a flashlight or nothin. That little buzzerwire should activate A solenoid as mentioned earier and power with a larger guage wire, independant fuse probably wired directly to the battery+. Thanks for the input, I'm off to the patent office to get rich> ha ha
Old 08-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #17
vwgtiman
Not Yet Wild

So I am sitting in my cart last night in the garage.... drinking a beer and testing the cup holders... BAM I get this great idea to use the reverse switch to energize a relay and turn on an extra driving lamp I have laying in the garage for a backup light..... well... as usuall, it was already thought of and here is the thread.
vwgtiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #18
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I am one of the oldest ones on here
but i just remember what is behind me and back up
day or night.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #19
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Long time folks. I still, use the reverse buzzer to energize the light. Nothing has melted and I don't run much in reverse. I did wind up with a dome light like in old pickups instead of 55W. Less power and plenty bright when it's dark. If you want some KC lights , I would install a relay and larger wire. This is perfect for my application. Ya'll have a nice day

Tags
let there be light
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO