lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2019, 01:22 PM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone know anything about this lithium seller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
-snip-
(Remember.....my opinion and $1.25 may get you a coffee at the local gas station)
And I thought that was only mine....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2019, 05:34 PM   #22
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

DaveTM,

what kind of range you get with 7 cells? I need the ability to do 6-7 miles or so with a load (two or three people) and some steep hills, them maybe charge an hour or two, and do it all over again.

When it was all fresh and new, my 8 six volt trojan 105s did this fine. I've been convinced when reading stuff on this site, I needed 100Ah or better in lithium.

As explained above, in addition to trying to find some Leaf batteries, I am looking at these of which I would need 32 to get to 120AH or these of which I would need 16 to get to 100Ah.

I do like the fact that these batteries are new (if more expensive) than Leaf batteries, that you higher voltage than Volt batteries, and that they are easily configured. Leaf batteries with some type of reliable history seem to be hard to find.

Thanks for info.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:25 PM   #23
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie View Post
DaveTM,

what kind of range you get with 7 cells? I need the ability to do 6-7 miles or so with a load (two or three people) and some steep hills, them maybe charge an hour or two, and do it all over again.

When it was all fresh and new, my 8 six volt trojan 105s did this fine. I've been convinced when reading stuff on this site, I needed 100Ah or better in lithium.

As explained above, in addition to trying to find some Leaf batteries, I am looking at these of which I would need 32 to get to 120AH or these of which I would need 16 to get to 100Ah.

I do like the fact that these batteries are new (if more expensive) than Leaf batteries, that you higher voltage than Volt batteries, and that they are easily configured. Leaf batteries with some type of reliable history seem to be hard to find.

Thanks for info.

32 of those Batt's at $76 each = $2,432....AND you haven't purchased a BMS or charger yet. The 6C would cost you $1,968....and still no BMS or charger.

Now, only time will tell me what the longevity of my 7 leaf modules will be. But my leaf's cost $574. I have yet to push my batt's to the limit but I've gotten enough distance and from what I had left in charge, I would say 6 to 7 miles is easily obtainable.

Hills are hills and I don't know how long or what incline your hills are, but the one's I go up are fairly steep and one of 'em is 1/4 mile in length.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:27 PM   #24
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You can easily do 6-7 miles with a 7 module Leaf pack in good condition. I would still recommend opting for a 14 module pack though to have the extra range margin. Even the 14 module pack only weighs 110 lbs which is a small fraction of the weight of 8x6V FLA batteries.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:37 PM   #25
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks. I guess I’ll wait for some decent leaf batts to show up somewhere. All the eBay ones around right now are either 10s packs or come from a seller with no info on prior use like tech direct or greentec auto.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:53 AM   #26
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you contact azlithium, he can put together however many modules you want. When I bought from him he was selling a 10 module pack. I contacted him and told him I wanted a 14 module pack. He ended up getting more modules in soon afterward and was able to put one together for me.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #27
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

C’mon Vinnie. All the kids are doing it!
Folks seem to be having a decent experience with azlithium. If you are willing to part with the cash and take a small gamble, I’d go for it. If you can swing it, get 14. With all the threads out there of people successfully using leaf modules in various applications, they seem to be going like hot cakes and prices aren’t exactly going down. Some modules, decide how complicated you want your system to be, and a charger to meet your desired recharge time.. your friends will think you found some sweet little thing on the side your smile will be so big.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:02 AM   #28
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

I sent him a message.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:39 PM   #29
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

As an other option, I see that some of you guys are buying BMS from Aliexpress. If so, why not buy the whole package from them? Look at all the options

It looks like most of you guys have around $1200 in a 14s pack or (700 in a 7), plus an expensive BMS (around 500), plus a charger. That sticks you right at $2,000, plus you have to do all the work to put it together.

I suppose these could be chinese junk, but aren't all lithium batts made in china anyway?
Old 02-05-2019, 02:21 PM   #30
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I can't seem to get the Ali site in US dollars.

Your price estimate of $2,000 for a 7 module set up is about $400 to high.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car