lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2021, 09:24 PM   #501
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Basic Nissan Leaf 7 module Lithium setup with Generic Chinese BMS

Hey gang. Thanks again to all who have posted their thoughts on this matter. I miss seeing Sergio on this thread and hope he is okay. I spent most of the summer on the road and left my pack charged at 55v. All has been well with it sitting and not losing much charge. I have a new "cheap Chinese BMS" that I have wired like the revised schematic. This weekend I hope to get it all back together and in the cart. I will post my experience again once it is all done.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2021, 05:16 PM   #502
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

All right, all right, all right. I got the battery pack back up and going. I moved the charger negative to the C-. I reinstalled it all and charged it back up. The cool thing is by moving the charger to the C- terminal I can now see the amperage and charge meter on the IOS app. My charger started about 12.5 amps, well below the 20 amps the BMS can handle, and feathered off at the end of the charge down to less than 1 amp. The BMS balanced the batteries after the charge cycle. I got 6.5 miles of riding in this morning and only dropped from 56.7 volts to 55.6 volts. I will be exercising the cart and watching the charge and discharge cycles this week. Right now I feel like I avoided any damaged cells and things are working well. I will be installing a Volt meter with an alarm so it lets me know if the pack is drops below 50v. The charger has always cut off at 56.7 and now the BMS is stopping the charge cycle as well. So the only real concern is over discharging and the old BMS actually did its job in this area so I am hopeful the new BMS will work as well. Thanks again to Sergio and all that have posted in this thread.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:55 PM   #503
WhosUrBud
Not Yet Wild

Amazing build. Any updates Sergio on how its running?
WhosUrBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 01:07 AM   #504
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Unfortunately, Sergio hasn't been online since the 4th of October last year and no one has heard from him. We hope he's okay.

Myself and others have done the same or similar builds and mine at least is doing very well. I'm about to do a 72v Nissan Leaf build for my Limo cart.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 01:41 PM   #505
inlineb
Not Yet Wild

Hey there! Just running into this thread, and it's great to see everyone helping out with the lithium setup. It sounds like you've got things under control with the BMS and charger, but it's always good to keep an eye on things and exercise the cart regularly, as you mentioned. Have you made any updates or changes since your last post?
inlineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:07 AM   #506
inlineb
Not Yet Wild

Hey there! Just running into this thread, and it's great to see everyone helping out with the lithium setup. It sounds like you've got things under control with the BMS and charger, but it's always good to keep an eye on things and exercise the cart regularly, as you mentioned. Have you made any updates or changes since your last post?
As for tapping into the key switch circuit for power, I agree with the RXV experts that using the Solenoid big post on the Controller side is best. It can help avoid potential issues down the road. And for anyone looking for parts or components, you might want to check out and pick a part car service in your area. They often have a wide selection of used parts at affordable prices.
inlineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 06:11 PM   #507
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I agree with the RXV experts that using the Solenoid big post on the Controller side is best.
On a Club Car, the battery side is best.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car