lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2020, 09:07 PM   #1
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Please check my wiring

I've started mounting pieces/parts in my cart and am on to the wiring currently. Granted I am on the easiest of stuff, but I was hoping I could get you guys and gals to take a quick look to make sure I haven't done anything stupid so far. Everything is pretty much finger tight so if you see something that needs attention would you please let me know (and since the pics are not that great, I am B+ to A1, M-to A2, F2 to F2 and F1 to F1). I know I have housekeeping to do and stuff is kinda sloppy!

Thank you in advance. I'm (somewhat) looking forward to getting into the meat of this and just don't want to undo something later because I didn't pay attention early on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Initial Cart Wiring 1.jpg (138.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Initial Cart Wiring 2.jpg (143.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Initial Cart Wiring 3.jpg (109.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Initial Cart Wiring 4.jpg (172.5 KB, 0 views)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2020, 09:43 AM   #2
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Please check my wiring

I always get a kick out of the threads where the OP just talks to himself :) Now I am one!

If I am reading correctly, I want to stack wires where needed with the largest wire at the bottom of the connection; correct? I know I am not there yet but hope to land some more wires later today with any luck.

My premature pics are to verify routing and connection for those who have been there/done that. This is all new to me and I just don't want to make a bonehead mistake if it can be avoided.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:44 PM   #3
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'll always talk to you, Simi! Not sure I'm much help here, but will tell you what little I know about general wiring.
I know for sure that the stacking of the cables/wires is critical and there is a standard to be followed. It was explained to me in one of my threads by FairTax4Me and Sergio. Yes, the biggest cable, i.e. 2 or 3 AWG, goes onto the connection first. Then, the smaller connections, i.e. ring terminals, go on top. The edges of these wires should not touch so they need to be turned away from each other slightly.
About your cables to the motor. I see you're having to take them to the side of the cart then back to the motor rather than straighter back like mine are. I read that you don't want any of the cables to be touching/laying on top of each other. I see that two of yours are crossed and touching. As you said, this is a dry run and you may already know you need to correct this.
Also, I read that the cables should not lay across the motor housing. Not sure how true this is because I see it done this way all the time. But, I followed the instructions and took out the slack at the motor and secured the cables with a zip tie closer to the control panel. I know yours will be little harder since you have the side angle routing.
What you've done looks great. It's so neat and colorful!
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:44 PM   #4
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the reply, CC! I had no idea about crossing wires or them laying on the motor; that is exactly the kind of stuff I need to know! And so much easier to do now during the dry run than finding out later when stuff is bolted back down and zip tied; thank you!!
Old 09-10-2020, 02:05 PM   #5
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I always get a kick out of the threads where the OP just talks to himself :) Now I am one!
it's ok to talk to yourself, it's when you start answering yourself we get worried

i'll add this... the seat and body are optional, but you'll never go anywhere unless you connect the batteries
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:23 PM   #6
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah-still working on connecting those batteries, ogre........ :)
Old 09-11-2020, 09:13 PM   #7
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cleaned up the wiring a bit and rerouted some of the cables; I can't seem to avoid having absolutely no crossed wires or how to not cross the motor, and I know I have much to add still. I am slowly making progress and know that this will run one day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wire cleanup 1.jpg (132.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wire cleanup 2.jpg (122.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wire cleanup 3.jpg (123.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-11-2020, 10:00 PM   #8
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

looks good sir !!!.....but my OCD would have a problem with the F2 wire ....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:04 AM   #9
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Now I have to go out and look at that wire and see what I can do!!
Old 09-12-2020, 05:31 AM   #10
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Looks Good...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car