lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2021, 08:30 PM   #1
mrbjem
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 EZGO Marathon 36V has no power suddenly

I have a 1992 EZGO marathon electric 36V cart that was running fine. I just did a lift and new upgraded 2gauge wires on it ... drove it ... and it ran fine still. Charged it overnight and the next morning it would barely move. I checked all batteries and they are all above 6 volts with a load. Total voltage is about 36.9 when checked. There is power to the solenoid, and power through the solenoid when the accelerator is depressed (the car tries to move forward but wont). I'm stumped. Is this a sign that the controller is bad? Did I wire something back incorrectly? Potentiometer bad? Need help. Thanks!
mrbjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2021, 03:27 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 EZGO Marathon 36V has no power suddenly

I'd start with check the batteries. Those voltages are a bit concerning. Charge until charger completes cycle then let pack rest for a few hours then check voltage on pack and each individual battery.

Good luck!
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO