lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2021, 05:50 PM   #1
gwsmith1
Not Yet Wild

Default ITS reads 25% with not throttle

I have a 97 48 volt DCS cart with a 48400 Alltrax controller. Recently it has become very jerky when you first apply the throttle. Even when you let off and then reapply the throttle it will jerk pretty bad. I have not had a chance to open it up yet, but the Alltrax toolkit shows the throttle is at 25 % at rest. My assumption is that the sensor is bad since not should have changed as far as adjustment goes. I won't be able to get back to it until next weekend, and just wanted to get parts on the way if needed. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks !
gwsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2021, 07:14 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ITS reads 25% with not throttle

The ITS sensor or the in-line connector at the end of the gray cable from the pedal box might have gotten wet. (High humidity will do it)

The ITS sensor is waterproofed, but the potting compound shrinks as it ages and hairline cracks form. If any moisture gets on the PCB, it acts differently.
FWIW: The $25 sensors seem to work as well as the $75 and $100 ones.

The in-line connector can get some crosstalk when it gets damp. Most people re[place the connector with individual butt-splices or solder joints and waterproof with marine grade (adhesive filled) shrink tubing.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 01:59 PM   #3
gwsmith1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ITS reads 25% with not throttle

Thanks JohnnieB ! I will probably just replace the sensor and connectors. I appreciate the help !
gwsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO