lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
mrday6
Not Yet Wild

Default old 70s exgo

first Id like to say this forum is great!!...finally found a manual for this old hot rod!...i have the 70s model ezgo with the robin engine and internal starter/gen..its been painted so many times the serial numbers are gone so im unsure of the exact year but the motor tag is still there its the 244cc model ec25ds....the wiring has been rigged up some and the pedal switch is gone, you just turn on the key and it goes...we turn it off and on to change from forward or reverse but im worried this could do damage to the starter...anyone have input on this?...also is does not charge and the green wire that i believe went to the voltage regulator is melted and disconnected and im afraid to try to reattach it for fear of doing any more electrical damage...i just put in a deep cycle battery and it will run 4 days before needing charge...wiring and electrical systems are just not my thing so anyone know what could have cause this wire to heat up and melt? and if i do decide to fix these issues can i get the parts?...thanks for any input!
mrday6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: old 70s exgo

There wont be a simple answer for you. Being your machine is so old and been messed with so much, you'll have to be the one to figure it out most likely. Pictures of particular problems always help.
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:00 AM   #3
mrday6
Not Yet Wild

thanks for your response..with all that i have learned about this cart from this forum, i think were just going to drive it till it drops lol...not worth the kind of money it will take to fix some of the issues were having so we will enjoy it while its running and save our money for a newer cart
mrday6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #4
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Searching the forum will net some answers over time. I've learned a lot just from searching and reading daily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrday6 View Post
thanks for your response..with all that i have learned about this cart from this forum, i think were just going to drive it till it drops lol...not worth the kind of money it will take to fix some of the issues were having so we will enjoy it while its running and save our money for a newer cart
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO