lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2022, 12:19 AM   #1
highrise4x4@live.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 ezgo txt 295 won’t accelerate until warm

Hello all, I have a 93 Ezgo txt with the 295 robin i have replaced the carb coil voltage regulator checked every single wire from front to back and still have the same issue. Fires up beautifully however when accelerating it’s like it’s hitting the rev limiter and won’t get out of its own way. Now after about 20mins once it’s warmed up it will scoot and accelerate like no one’s business. I am at a loss I have adjusted the valves hot and cold. Just lost
Thanks in advance.
highrise4x4@live.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2022, 06:16 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 ezgo txt 295 won’t accelerate until warm

First thing I would suggest is to do a compression test on both cylinders. Next would be to remove the valve cover and photograph all four lash adjusters. Just because the gaps are good, it does not mean the valves are! These pictures would easily tell us what may be going on. I am guessing the engine still has the original valves fitted.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 09:48 AM   #3
highrise4x4@live.com
Not Yet Wild

It does have the original valves I’ve got 138 and 142 I’ll snag some pictures in a few.
Old 12-31-2022, 12:51 PM   #4
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the oil constantly I had a 295 and that thing always burned oil not a lot but it will get away from you and then your dipstick is dry and then you start waking up in the middle of the night sweating after having a nightmare of the motor blowing up so if anyone wondered what keeps me awake at night here it is
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 02:08 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon willis View Post
Check the oil constantly I had a 295 and that thing always burned oil not a lot but it will get away from you and then your dipstick is dry and then you start waking up in the middle of the night sweating after having a nightmare of the motor blowing up so if anyone wondered what keeps me awake at night here it is

Um… no. Just no. I’ve had lots of these and they never used oil. Just because you had a heap of crap doesn’t solve everybody else’s problems or mean everyone else has the same problem

I’d listen to cartmaster’s suggestions. I’d also put all the original oem electronic parts back in. The aftermarket ones you probably replaced all that with cause more problems than they solve and clearly didn’t solve your problem.

And your compression is definitely low. Low enough that it will run but it’s definitely not ideal. Metal expands with heat so there’s a good chance low compression due to worn parts is coming up enough to make it run better as rings and stuff expand and seal up better as the engine gets up to temp.

Do what CM said to check the valves and do post a picture. I’d also put a cap full of motor oil in the spark plug hole and see if compression comes up with that.

Ideally compression should be 165-170
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 02:31 PM   #6
highrise4x4@live.com
Not Yet Wild

Angry Re: 93 ezgo txt 295 won’t accelerate until warm

Okay fellers here’s the rockers I double checked lash while I was there. Spot on.
Old 12-31-2022, 02:33 PM   #7
highrise4x4@live.com
Not Yet Wild

Also forgot to note that when she gets warmed up she does smoke a little almost not noticeable but almost like it’s just leaking past the steam seals after restart
Old 12-31-2022, 02:50 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Can you take a picture straight from the front, showing the 4 adjuster nuts clearly? It’s hard to tell by looking at the pictures what we’re looking for…

I have no doubts you’ve adjusted them to spec. But what we’re trying to see is how many threads are exposed above the lock nut of the adjusters on the intake vs the exhaust valves
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 03:10 PM   #9
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine used oil because I think I flipped a vacuum line that goes to the intake manifold and the crankcase vent out of mine own stupidity and I was to lazy to fix it and sorry for being dumb I tried to add humor to a tip that learned the hard way
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 03:31 PM   #10
highrise4x4@live.com
Not Yet Wild

Sure thing give me a few!

Tags
acceleration, back firing, rev limiter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO