lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2016, 01:14 PM   #31
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Motor/controller upgrade recommendations

I for one hope that does not become a trend on this site.

This site is not about ScottyB, although he would not have that many referrals if he was not doing a good job.

Folks come here to get unbiased opinions from a variety of backgrounds and expertise in all sort of trades.

The collective value of this member knowledge base is what makes this site special, not the vendors specifically.

I sure would not like every thread filled with every vendor trying to pitch their products every time someone asks a question.

You also cannot help but being skeptical about a vendor dismissing a different product when they don't sell it.

I understand they need to have rules to keep the site from becoming an annoying source of spam where no one wants to hang out anymore.

I wish there was a way to have a "Gold Level" type sponsor, like ScottyB and David at RevolutionGolfCars (to name a few), that earn that certification by demonstrating the value they bring to the site, and the certification should only be awarded by members votes.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There certainly are gold standard members as well as sponsors. We hope each sponsor sells the product they find to perform best and not what is cheapest (cough nivel cough) to acquire. And naturally if you ask the Ford dealer which truck is best he will answer his brand, so we could easily be talking Ford vs Chevy when it comes to Madjax vs Alltrax vs Curtis. The discussion is as endless.
Alltrax is a very good product made in the USA with a full 2 year warranty. The new SPM and XCT controls are state of the art plug and play controls with higher peak and sustained outputs than equal competition. And they are the only one to have reverse polarity protection on the input & output connections. So that blown motor or dropped wrench won't end in a controller meltdown! And I add the program software is a FREE download and so easy to operate even a caveman can do it.

See below for more information
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:40 PM   #33
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
even a caveman can do it
Now THAT'S a ringing endorsement for a fella like me!

It only takes a little bit of site research to determine who is a serious contributor and who stands behind their products; if they happen to be a vendor. The blend of consumers, skilled craftsmen and vendors on this site make it THE MOST VALUABLE resource for anyone looking to upgrade or just maintain their cart(s). Hopefully the quality of the guidance offered makes choosing a supplier self-evident.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car