lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #1
OcalaGuy
Not Yet Wild

Columbia

Default 6 volt battery question

I want to replace my cart batteries. I have Trojan T-105's now. Is there another brand and or size I should get? I wont be using the cart that much, only a weekends, a few months a year.

What's everyone else using.
OcalaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2016, 07:35 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 6 volt battery question

I feel the T105 is still the high water mark for golf cart batteries.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
MrDiode
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Duracell SLIGC115
MrDiode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

This I bet would get more taffic if a mod moved it to another section out of the for sale area.

But to answer the question, if you are happy with the performance you gave gotten get a battery with at least the same AH rating. Less if you think you can give up some range or larger if you want more range. That's probably not as specific an answer as you want but you have to weigh your uses to battery size. If you just use it on the weekend, are you just riding to the clubhouse and pool twice a day half a mile away or playing 2 rounds a golf on Saturday and riding 3 miles to course and want to go booze cruise at night?

As for brand I would try to stay with something known and big name brand or one of their private labels with good record.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts