lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2020, 07:07 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: New to me club car

I’ve used Kleen strip on many golf carts, never had any problems at all.

I get the aerosol, it’s 7 or 8 bucks a can and really makes the process easy. Spray it on, let it snap-crackle-pop for 15 minutes then blast it off with a pressure washer. I can strip an entire body in a half hour 95%. Whatever is left I’ll sand off but there isn’t usually much.

I’ve never damaged a body, but they’ve all been plastic. Never tried it on fiberglass but I wouldn’t think it would be a problem
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2020, 08:57 PM   #12
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

What are you using on the seats? I’ve done a couple of sets with SEM.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:12 PM   #13
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well,I can't seem to get the finish I want on the front end as far as "slick" so I just gave it a satin black so it would match the back and I will stop with appearance changes on that.Black and blue aint that bad,just those flames had to go. I have used the Duplicolor vinal dye in the past with "ok" results.Nothing to brag about but to make it look as good as I can, I redye the seat on the EZ-Go cart I take to a big engine and tractor show I go to every year anyway so it works out.
Working great,been using it the last couple days.
Put some nice newer Kenda Hole in 1's on clean rims on it.Gave them a red stripe around the outer edge so it shows outside the hub cap.
tdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:23 PM   #14
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow,went on Ebay browsing around.35 bucks or so just for the front name plate? Naw, people can just guess what it is!
Front bumpers,thought I might find a used 1 on there,nope all I found was new.
Tie rod ends and drag link ends,not to bad on price really,just need the drag link but may go ahead and replace all 3.
Cart is growing on me because I can get in and out of it easyer than most of my ez.go's.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:02 PM   #15
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdump View Post
Wow,went on Ebay browsing around.35 bucks or so just for the front name plate? Naw, people can just guess what it is!
Front bumpers,thought I might find a used 1 on there,nope all I found was new.
Tie rod ends and drag link ends,not to bad on price really,just need the drag link but may go ahead and replace all 3.
Cart is growing on me because I can get in and out of it easyer than most of my ez.go's.
You are going to like this cart a LOT!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:46 AM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The front club car “sticker” is pricey but does make a big difference in how “finished” it looks.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:06 AM   #17
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Quote:
Well,I can't seem to get the finish I want on the front end as far as "slick" so I just gave it a satin black so it would match the back and I will stop with appearance changes on that.Black and blue aint that bad,just those flames had to go. I have used the Duplicolor vinal dye in the past with "ok" results.Nothing to brag about but to make it look as good as I can, I redye the seat on the EZ-Go cart I take to a big engine and tractor show I go to every year anyway so it works out.
Try the SEM vinyl coating...it looks nearly perfect. I changed green to tan in an old Mopar, redid tan from moldy white on a Club Car, and just changed buff to black on a Precedent. The finish is flatter than real vinyl, but you can get a clear coat if it bothers you. I'll try to get a pic if it stops raining.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:11 AM   #18
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks.
I decided to test the charger.Went to plug it in, SPARKS.Um, Turns out the positive and negitive were wrong on the new charging port so I switched the wires and the charger works! That was the worth of what I paid for the whole package.
Another thing that is missing is the rubber that goes on top of the rear fenders.I assume it is to prevent the golf bags from scratching or being scratched.What are those rubber thingys referred to as?
There is just a group of holes there.Not hurting anything but you know,

Anyhow.also looking at how beds are installed on these. Looks like cutting and such on the factory seat back brackets.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:12 PM   #19
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Just a minor update,I had a bunch of lawnmower repair jobs come in and plus I was trying to get my tandem axle car hauler refloored and had to stop to do the mower repairs.But I went this evening and picked up a MUCH better beige top for this cart for 40 bucks.Needs cleaning and ready to install.
The 1 that came with it was busted accross the back and I just decided it was not worth the trouble and I kinda want this to be a "decent" looking cart.
So better top it gets and the roof is going on tommorow!
I use a golf cart to get around the place here and some tractor shows I go to because of balance issues and such and this cart seems so much easier to get in and out of than a ez-go. Don't really know why?
Old 11-07-2020, 08:17 PM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Just a minor update,I had a bunch of lawnmower repair jobs come in and plus I was trying to get my tandem axle car hauler refloored and had to stop to do the mower repairs.But I went this evening and picked up a MUCH better beige top for this cart for 40 bucks.Needs cleaning and ready to install.
The 1 that came with it was busted accross the back and I just decided it was not worth the trouble and I kinda want this to be a "decent" looking cart.
So better top it gets and the roof is going on tommorow!
I use a golf cart to get around the place here and some tractor shows I go to because of balance issues and such and this cart seems so much easier to get in and out of than a ez-go. Don't really know why?
I think the DS is easier to get in and out of, and the best cart ever made.

Club Car knocked a home run when the DS came to market and it really put them at the forefront. I compare it to when FENDER came out with the Stratocaster guitar. Sad that CC stopped making these carts.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car