lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
WraithPaco
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Cushman projects, need advice.

I don't know exactly where to put this thread so I hope this isn't too far off. They may not be golf carts exactly but the guts seem to be the same.

Here's the skinny....

I recently got my hands on 2 cushman industrial carts, 1 is a '97 minute miser 3 wheeler 24v electric and the other looks to be a commander style 36v with the tilt bed. Both of them have been sitting for a while but look to be in pretty good shape mechanically.

What I plan on doing is ending up with one gas powered vehicle suitable for use on my 46 acre property to haul around a small trailer and a couple people for trail maintenance and such. I have converted an old butchered EZ-go over to a 6.5hp side shaft motor with centrifugal clutch and chain drive that works great for tooling around the property but I need something with a little more grunt and dependability to use as a work cart.

Before I gut one or both of these carts I wanted to put them out there and see what my options are or if anyone would want these carts as they are and have something more up my alley. When I got them I was gung-ho to tear them apart but it almost seems like a shame if someone else wants them as they are.
WraithPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
WraithPaco
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Cushman projects, need advice.

Update....

I went ahead and removed the bed, seats and racks someone had welded all over the cart so I can start cleaning it up and repairing the dents in the sheet metal. I plan on removing all of the batteries and electrical components this weekend so if anyone wants it as is and intact you need to speak up fast.

I'm going to be careful taking everything apart in case any of the members on here can use the parts.

I do have a couple of questions though... Knowing virtually nothing about how electric carts work is there anything I need to know when i'm taking things apart to keep from damaging the parts or shocking the crap out of myself? Is there any residual voltage to worry about after I remove the batteries?
WraithPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
hearse
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cushman projects, need advice.

hi' I have several electric and gas cushman carts. after you unhook the battries all is dead. the minute mizer is a nice little cart had one sorry i sold it. the commander should be the larger cart of the 2 that would be the workhorse for me. i do have a gas rearend from a h-d cart that may work for you. I am in michigan so it is a drive to get there. but what are you asking for the parts? later hearse
hearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts