lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
GUNNERSHB
Not Yet Wild

Default Ruff&Tuff LSV

my employer bought an LSV when the tax break for green vehicles was going on. Now I can't find a shop to service or repair this thing. when the cart gets below a half charge and the gas pedal is pressed to the floor board the cart just lurches forward and stops. when the pedal is just slightly pressed the cart will move normal. This cart has 6-8V batteries. I also learned that the Ruff&Tuff company was bought out, so parts are near impossible to find. Any information would help

Thank You
GUNNERSHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ruff&Tuff LSV

I was looking at them today, they look nice and seem like a lot of ezgo parts would fit. I asked about the part issue and the dealer said no problem… what else would they say. Let me know if you find anything out. The one I looked at today I think was a good deal, brand new with tag registration already done model year 2011 for 6495.oo Four seater.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

China?
They don't sound that ruff & tuff, LOL

Sounds like a battery or controller issue?

Good luck.

Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

http://ruggedev.com
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
GUNNERSHB
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=flharleycop;873138]I was looking at them today, they look nice and seem like a lot of ezgo parts would fit. I asked about the part issue and the dealer said no problem… what else would they say. Let me know if you find anything out. The one I looked at today I think was a good deal, brand new with tag registration already done model year 2011 for 6495.oo Four seater.[/QUOTE

The cart itself is on an EZ-Go frame, but as far as i can tell and the information I have dug up says the parts are different. the only company that i have found that sells the parts is a company called RTGear. I pulled out the multimeter and poked around a while, I think I have narrowed it down to the motor controller or the solenoid. All the batteries load tested good, and they are all producing the proper voltage when tested. Any suggestions on how to test the controller and solenoid? Also when the rear wheels are off the ground and the accelerator is depressed the cart runs fine. thank you for the help.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
GUNNERSHB
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by flharleycop View Post
thanks for the link, looks like they could help.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

American tax return spent on Chinese built sub par stuff. Sounds like the batteries are bad and can't supply the amps needed.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
GUNNERSHB
Not Yet Wild

The cart will drive normal in reverse but in forward gear it just stops. this makes me think the speed controller is bad.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
cronanzone
Not Yet Wild

Ive got issues too, bought a 2009 project R/T. It only goes about half speed and is lacking power (struggles to get up the drive way). It is a CEV2, and does not have the half power toggle switch in the glove compartment I have read about. Any ideas what would make this rig run at half speed?
cronanzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:45 AM   #10
GUNNERSHB
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
American tax return spent on Chinese built sub par stuff. Sounds like the batteries are bad and can't supply the amps needed.
Just an update on this cart. JcXtreme72 was right. It was a battery issue. I have since had to replace 2 others. They are a closed cell maintenance free battery that costs $300 a piece. I plan to convert this to lead acid when I get the ok to spend the money.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts