lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2015, 07:21 PM   #61
OleMissReb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: What is Speed Code 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
*GASP*

Just kidding, do you still have the stock wire going through the OBC?
LoL hey I actually thought about drilling that hole bigger hahahaha I told y'all I'm a newbie haha. I guess that Would have been a HUGE mistake.
I do still have the wire but it's not through the hole. It's on the garage floor.
OleMissReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #62
OleMissReb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
They are the 2 smaller than cable 10g wires that go to the motor.

The spade terminals where they connect on the control may well be marked F1 and F2.
I will check tomorrow and see......man I hate having to take all these batteries out again!
Old 12-15-2015, 07:23 PM   #63
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Oh gosh, that would have been a $100-$200 mistake.
Anyway, that wire really needs to go through the OBC, that is what controls the charger. It records how much 'juice' is lost while driving. Did you get a wire kit or make your own cables?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:24 PM   #64
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissReb View Post
I will check tomorrow and see......man I hate having to take all these batteries out again!
You just need to get to the controller, and I'm not sure where that is on a Precedent. Do you have to take all the batts out?
Old 12-15-2015, 07:24 PM   #65
OleMissReb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I think they are orange and blue, you can't miss them...
Cool. I'll check it out tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #66
OleMissReb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Oh gosh, that would have been a $100-$200 mistake.
Anyway, that wire really needs to go through the OBC, that is what controls the charger. It records how much 'juice' is lost while driving. Did you get a wire kit or make your own cables?
I bought the cables...the cable itself would fit through the hole just not the connector at the end of it.I guess I could cut the end off and then the cable would fit through the hole.....crimp another connector on it after I run the cable through the hole?
Old 12-16-2015, 11:21 AM   #67
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
I bought the cables...the cable itself would fit through the hole just not the connector at the end of it.I guess I could cut the end off and then the cable would fit through the hole.....crimp another connector on it after I run the cable through the hole?
Exactly, that's what a lot of guys do. Or you could make a stud kit with a bolt, but that introduces more connections into the system.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #68
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Cable must go through OBC in some form. This link gives some options, but if the cable will fit through, that is the way I would go.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...grade-obc.html
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:54 PM   #69
OleMissReb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quick update.....as it turns out my 2 gauge cables would not fit through the computer. I thought they would if I cut the connector off but I was incorrect. I decided to create the stud bolt that was described on a previous post. after installing the plum quick bandit and new wires I'd say my speed is avg 17-18 mph(with stick wheels & tires). I would hit 20mph if going downhill. Before the plum quick motor I was averaging about 12-13mph if I remember correctly. All in all I figure after i install my lift and tires I'll be faster. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car