lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
roundeye04
Not Yet Wild

Default Removed buzzer. Now cart doesn't run

Hey all, I am looking at a 2011 ezgo rxv 48volt four seater with custom rims on craigslist but the guy selling says that he tried to remove buzzer and after that the cart will not run. Is this a potential big cost or is it a no biggie fix. He's asking $2000, good price?? Should I pull the trigger on it? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
roundeye04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Removed buzzer. Now cart doesn't run

Be weary, that sounds way to cheap. I paid 3300 for a 2008 Precedent and it was mint!!
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
roundeye04
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I'm thinking the same. He said that's why he's selling so cheap because it can't run. He said when it did it ran 27 mph and will do 30 miles on a charge. I'm just a newbie and don't know exactly what to look for
roundeye04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I think I remember reading if you remove the beeper on an RXV it won't run. But 27 sounds a little fast. 20 with stock wheels. Hook the beeper back up and see but if it still doesn't work that controller is expensive.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:56 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you disconnect the buzzer, it WILL NOT RUN!! If you wanna be a jerk, buy it at a reduced (non running) price, and hook it back up (A - hole move)... Have fun ruining parts dragging it on the trailer, OR, follow the directions on the bottom of the controller cover for towing to avoid destruction (unhook after loading to avoid cart "rolling away mayhem"). The controller senses if the reverse buzzer is connected as a check when it "starts up". See thread about "rxv fault codes - danaher controllers", good RXV learning there.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:47 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You may get lucky if the guy's a complete idiot, but you would think any sane person who disconnected something and it quit working, would simply reconnect the thing that killed it.

Never hurts to ask if he tried reconnecting it though. Does an RXV have the same issue with a run/tow having to be turned to tow before playing with wiring that sepex buggies have? Even if not, he could have bypassed the beeper by shorting the two wires together, rather than simply disconnecting them. Ask how he tried to disconnect the beeper.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #7
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I would not buy it or any golf cart that does not run for that price unless I knew how to work on them and had another thousand or more to fix it. Batteries, controller, motor, etc are expensive items and require some electrical and mechanical skills to troubleshoot and replace.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #8
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Potential great find, maybe.
gwh1bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO