lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ Go/Textron 36 Battery Charger stopped!!! HELP!!!

My 48 volt DPI has the connector, but no wire running to it, so pulling the charger plug early doesn't have that feature, but I've never seen a spark. That could be the reason for the cheap connector though. In addition to the wire being broken, it could also simply be dirty.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #12
Rev Mejias
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

So I replaced the board and GUESS WHAT GUYS. IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. YIKES. I can still get it to charge by bypassing the relay though. I checked the sensor wire and it ohms out all the way through.
Rev Mejias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #13
MarkMN
Not Yet Wild

I just had the same problem with my charger. Instead of typing it all over again, here it is.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...t-working.html

Good luck in getting it up and going.

Mark
MarkMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #14
Rev Mejias
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Found the red wire broken about 8" back from plug. I cut everything back and still doesnt work.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #15
MarkMN
Not Yet Wild

If I remember right, the red wire is connected to the tab/clip inside the plug. It brings the battery voltage to energize the relay. So make sure it is touching the contact from the battery when it is plugged in. I had to bend mine out a little bit to make it work.

Mark
MarkMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Mejias View Post
Found the red wire broken about 8" back from plug. I cut everything back and still doesnt work.
You can eliminate the third wire in the output cable by connecting the black wire from the control board to the black wire (Negative) in the output cable inside the charger.

Also, check the red wire from the control board to the heatsink (Positive). The push-on connectors may be corroded
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PW Charger Schematic - Aux contact bypassed.JPG (72.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #17
Rev Mejias
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

You guys are going to turn me into a Golf Cart Tech...I went back and checked the diode behind the ammeter and it was broken not burned. The plastic broke around it causing it to be flimsy. I touched the two ends and it powered up. I checked voltage coming out of charger at 35.08 VDC but out of transformer it was 40+. Now to buy the part to replace. GEEZ. I didn't sign up for this. I'm an Electrician not a Golf Cart GURU. LOL
Old 06-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #18
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
You guys are going to turn me into a Golf Cart Tech...I went back and checked the diode behind the ammeter and it was broken not burned. The plastic broke around it causing it to be flimsy. I touched the two ends and it powered up. I checked voltage coming out of charger at 35.08 VDC but out of transformer it was 40+. Now to buy the part to replace. GEEZ. I didn't sign up for this. I'm an Electrician not a Golf Cart GURU. LOL
be happy your an electrician.....how do you think I felt when I started....I'm a mechanic by trade....ELECTICITY is that MAGIC STUFF YOU CAN'T SEE!! LOL
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
If the charger was connected to the battery pack, the 35.08V ought to be climbing fairly rapidly and the ammeter ought to be reading 15-20A. If not, you have some more "Golf Cart Tech" learning to do.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #20
Rev Mejias
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The ammeter was not reading due to the diode being broken . As soon as i touched the two broken ends the ammeter jumped up to 20 amps and voltage to 40.4 VDC. Does anyone know the diode size behind the ammeter?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO