lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2014, 08:55 AM   #11
BorisM
Getting Wild

Default Re: Electric EZGo vs Star EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
My opinion only the question of "ezgo vs star", having been a new vehicle dealer of both, and trying to get parts for both, i say ezgo for sure. The star "factory" (jh global) does not do as it should for the dealer when its time for parts. They would send used gearsets to replace noisey transaxles, all bearings, seals, stuff like that we were left on our own to find at local parts houses (can be done, but not fun). The star is mostly made of inferior chinese knock-offs of what looks similar to common parts. The curtis controller is good, the motor (if ordered with the adc version) is fine. There are no wiring diagrams to be had. None of the wiring is in sealed connectors to protect from acid. Not much, if any original engineering thought went into a star car. Have a look around the star/fairplay section of this site, there is not much complete info available (i dont think any "service manual" even exists). I know what i know about these nightmares through learning it the hard way. I sometimes try to jump in to the star section of this site to help those poor souls out, but its a nightmare i would rather forget. Glad we're not a star dealer anymore.
Are there any advangates of EZGO RXV with AC drive system over EZGO TXT with DC drive system?
BorisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Rxv will get significantly longer range per charge under most all driving conditions. Rxv can hold its speed up hill better, and can handle sand better. Rxv will never roll away if you hop off and dont set parking brake (it does that for you).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:54 PM   #13
BorisM
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
....Rxv will never roll away if you hop off and dont set parking brake (it does that for you).
This is the best argument. Thank you.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #14
bxlt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

RVX have great range and decent speed and like cgtech said the advantage of not rolling away. However the RVX electric system can't be upgraded. For a lot of us on this website that is a big deal, and why you see some people suggesting other options, however if you aren't looking for that and safety is a concern then the RVX might be your best option.
bxlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #15
BorisM
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlt View Post
RVX have great range and decent speed and like cgtech said the advantage of not rolling away. However the RVX electric system can't be upgraded. For a lot of us on this website that is a big deal, and why you see some people suggesting other options, however if you aren't looking for that and safety is a concern then the RVX might be your best option.
Thank you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO