lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #11
Sir Lord Barnes
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 pds solenoid clicks will not run after charge

Yes as far as the reed switch goes only a red wire I even tried re doing w an inline fuse makes no difference selonoids still clicking. Going to get a new voltmeter to retest the f r switch and throttle not sure what else to do? Could my run tow switch be messed up since I don't get any faults. Just the three beeps for the speed control setting. Please help me
Sir Lord Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lord Barnes View Post
Yes as far as the reed switch goes only a red wire I even tried re doing w an inline fuse makes no difference selonoids still clicking. Going to get a new voltmeter to retest the f r switch and throttle not sure what else to do? Could my run tow switch be messed up since I don't get any faults. Just the three beeps for the speed control setting. Please help me
The thing to do is troubleshoot the problem using a process of elimination.

You have a stock PDS controller and the solenoid clicks when you push the pedal, so we know the reed switch, Run/Tow switch, keyswitch, pedal switch and F/R switch are good. If any of those switches were bad, the solenoid would not click, so they can be eliminated and our attention needs to be focused on the few possibilities that remain.

The next step is charge the battery pack. The batteries should never be allowed to sit in a partially discharge state.

Once the pack voltage is acceptable (38.0V or higher) we can eliminate it as the problem source and continue troubleshooting.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #13
Sir Lord Barnes
Not Yet Wild

I believe my controller is fried. Was going to get a rebuilt one or any suggestions for an upgraded controller. As we speak I'm putting 2 gauge battery wires on and 8" lift and I believe 22 it 23" tires open for suggestions thank you all
Sir Lord Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I believe my controller is fried. Was going to get a rebuilt one or any suggestions for an upgraded controller. As we speak I'm putting 2 gauge battery wires on and 8" lift and I believe 22 it 23" tires open for suggestions thank you all
An Alltrax DCX400 (or larger) will get you about 24 MPH on stock height tires at 36V and 28 MPH at 42V.

An 8" lift is quite a bit. Lift is needed for tire clearance, but raises center of gravity and reduces stability. A 20" tire will clear the wheel-wells without any lift and a 23" tire only needs 1.5" more clearance. On rough terrain, more lift may be needed.

Avoid low pressure tires if possible, they are amp hogs
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #15
rib33024

Can you tell us why you think your controller is fried, how did you figure this out?

Quote:
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO