lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default "condensor" on old western carts ??

Can someone tell me why there is a small "condenser" on all these old western carts I see?

They are all mounted to the frame, on the drivers side, and have a green wire going from them to the negative post of the battery?

What is this for, what is its function?

Is it needed? Does it ever need replacing??
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: "condensor" on old western carts ??

both my 84 and 87 had them, I think they were radio suppressors , both of them had the wires busted off and I never noticed electrical noise on either one
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:58 AM   #3
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

try contacting Western (now Lido Motors) direct. They manufacture in Palm Desert, CA. Try mike.jameson@lidomotorsusa.com
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks Richard, I have emailed with him before. Apparently you like cadillacs.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Talking Re: "condensor" on old western carts ??

Smokey,

Yes, but I have never owned one. If you haven't seen my cart, but I am guessing you did on one of my replies, I attached a couple of my 'Cadillac' pictures. Only thing not shown is I added back-up lights (2 thumb size LEDs and same to front as 'fog-lights'). They work good! Also threw a picture of my friend's Porche that we did.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:41 AM   #6
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Oops - the pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1796.jpg (348.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1797.jpg (267.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1798.jpg (261.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1799.jpg (232.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1807.jpg (262.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Rich, that elegante is soooo clean!

Did you do all the work to it? What are two buttons, next to the hood release button?

Also, what are the 2 foot switches on the brake pedal for?

how fast does it go? I didn't see a gps in the picture?

I come across these old westerns, ALL the time. I think I have a 2002 elegante right now, and another western, not sure what year, I have about 12 carts right now of my own!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:14 AM   #8
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Smokey,

I just noted that we are city neighbors!

1. Cart has original paint, and upholstery (except had arm rests re-done), but I have done some partial repainting myself below bumpers and the divot repair bottles with GM paint code match I researched. Also couldn't find original size front and rear chrome bumper material so I painted these, which came out OK. Finished this work with clear coat. I installed the following: front retractable seat belts, LED headlight bulbs, embossed Cadillac dome light, gps speedometer, third break-light, rear break light switch (cart was wired for break lights, but not finished with switch - I went cheap and installed on existing break pedal, assembled/installed 2 gauge battery cable, re-built controller, upgraded solenoid and modified existing mounting bracket, battery saver, some replacement micro switches, removed and installed Plum Quick rebuilt motor, added some 'isolation' fuses, rear disc breaks - removed when hub size over-site killed installation - difficult project, dash clock, back-up lights, front LED 'fog-lights' (used as headlight enhancers), new shocks, and all the Cadillac logo stuff.

2. Two switches on pedal are break lights and separate switch for 3rd break light. I usually hit them both when I break - it's a habit now.

3. Top speed on-the-flat is 26 mph. It has good torque and in my development, I can get to 22 mph on the steeper inclines. Cart is now set up to go to 48 volt when this set of batteries die. Thought about going from existing 205/50-10 tires to 205/65-10 for a slight top-speed pick-up, but no one on this forum could tell me if they had done such a thing on a Western like mine. I was trying to do it without a lift and because of my disc-break- project-experience, I didn't pursue any further.

Love to see some pictures of your fleet!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #9
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Ooops

Speedometer takes a gps signal to operate and its just to the right of the key switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO