lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2017, 11:02 PM   #1
TSITZ4
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 Club Car Precedent-Engine won't turn over

I have a 2004 Club Car precedent that won't start. Turn the key on and push gas pedal and you can hear the little microswitches, but I can't hear the solenoid click anymore. If you touch the solenoid while you push the gas pedal, you can feel something happening in there, but it seems as though the click noise is quieter. I have just replaced the microswitches and solenoid and it worked for a couple of weeks. Now it won't run anymore. The reason i replaced the microswitches and solenoid recently was because the it would only start about every 10th time pushing the gas pedal down before. Battery tests good. I turned the key to on, put it in forward, and pressed the gas pedal and measured voltage across the small terminals on the solenoid and it was the same as the battery voltage. It is 0 V across the small terminals when i don't push the pedal. 10 amp fuse is good. I see in the wiring diagram that I'm supposed to have a 20 amp fuse somewhere, but i don't believe my cart has one. The blue wires that are supposed to go to the fuse are connected to nothing, but they've been like that since I've owned it. How can i test if power is getting to the Starter/Generator? or does anybody have any other ideas? Thanks in advance
TSITZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #2
TSITZ4
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2004 Club Car Precedent-Engine won't turn over

Update: not that anybody is following. I can jump across the big posts of the solenoid and it turns over. If I do that and push the pedal, it'll run.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Put a solenoid in it
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #4
TSITZ4
Not Yet Wild

You think I could have gotten a bad solenoid? That is the last thing I replaced 2 weeks ago
Old 07-03-2017, 01:08 PM   #5
Jmbogolf
Not Yet Wild

I'm in the same boat!!
Jmbogolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also, be sure you're putting in the right kind of solenoid. Auto parts stores sell a part that looks the same, but functions differently. The correct one is continuous duty, so it costs more.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:47 AM   #7
Jmbogolf
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, tracked it down to a bad connection. Broken wire in the wire connector.
Jmbogolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car