lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2017, 06:34 PM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: ISO 341cc ENGINE FOR 87 CLUB CCAR CARRYALL

Looks pretty good. No damage inside the case or on the connecting rod then? If you have the whole cart, don't you want to put that motor back together? What are your plans for the cart? And where are you located?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2017, 08:54 PM   #12
riordan.andrew
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Looks pretty good. No damage inside the case or on the connecting rod then? If you have the whole cart, don't you want to put that motor back together? What are your plans for the cart? And where are you located?
I won't be putting the motor together until end of the summer or over the winter with the restoration I'm doing on the rest of the cart. If I can make some money on the engine to go towards parts for suspension, wheels/tires, rear seat, new front bench seat, roof and other miscellaneous hardware and oem parts (which are missing) I'm more likely to go 'new' engine to match with other new parts. That way I don't have a fully rebuilt cart with uncertain quality motor. My wife and customers will be using this after I'm done, so I can't have it breaking down. You and the guy originally looking for the motor clearly have more experience than me, which I would assume would translate to better craftsmanship and reliability. Especially when it comes to motor timing, valve clearances etc. As I talk to more people rebuilding a motor isn't as easy or simple as I had hoped. I'm in southern NH, from metro west Massachusetts i.e. close to where the other guy is located. Are you interested?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
riordan.andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:57 PM   #13
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

No I don't need a motor at this time. I have a good running one plus a spare. If that other guy wants it, it sounds like you're close enough for it to be worth his while to check it out. I was just curious as to why it was in pieces.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #14
riordan.andrew
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
No I don't need a motor at this time. I have a good running one plus a spare. If that other guy wants it, it sounds like you're close enough for it to be worth his while to check it out. I was just curious as to why it was in pieces.
Don't want to hijack the post, but you have a spare engine. Any chance you have a spare choke & airbox assembly?

Old 06-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #15
riordan.andrew
Not Yet Wild

Mark tried to PM you but you're not accepting them: Hi, did you ever find a replacement kf82 for your carryall?

On a similar note, can you tell me more about your model? Curious if we share the same engine (carryall & ds gas) then maybe there are parts for my cart I'm missing that could be harvested from a machine like yours.

Thanks and speak soon,

Old 06-19-2017, 05:07 AM   #16
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's a member that had a whole system for sale (not sure of he still does):

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...te-system.html

You can't buy those old box-style intakes anymore, but there is an alternative fix, which is just an accordion-style tube that runs from the choke to the carb:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...car-parts.html

Those accordion tubes can be spotty to locate for sale on the Web, but they're out there.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:51 AM   #17
riordan.andrew
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Here's a member that had a whole system for sale (not sure of he still does):

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...te-system.html

You can't buy those old box-style intakes anymore, but there is an alternative fix, which is just an accordion-style tube that runs from the choke to the carb:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...car-parts.html

Those accordion tubes can be spotty to locate for sale on the Web, but they're out there.
Ty sir, will poke around. I did get a pm from another person who claimed to have a air box/ choke assembly but have since not heard back.

By the way, my neighbor convinced me to rebuild the engine first rather than the rest of the machine. Is this normal for a restore? I thought engine and drive was the last to be touched... My heavy duty suspension, shocks, tie rod ends and lift kit will be here in the next few weeks. Once I get that stuff installed I'll be attacking the motor rebuild, which will force me to sort out any electrical issues.

Only problem with doing engine after suspension is I won't have access to topside of engine cradle or for new insulation or painting the frame/ chassis with truck bed liner material...

Thoughts on what should be next?

Old 06-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #18
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I'm not sure what would be considered normal for a restore. In my case, if a motor is running fine I'll simply drive it until it isn't. These Kawasaki motors are very well built from the factory, and it takes a lot of abuse and most often a decade or more in order to ruin one. The only exception to that being the complete removal of the speed governor and running the motor at top rpm; in which case you can destroy one of these motors within a matter of days...or even hours if the cart is pushed hard enough. But these carts are designed with the thought in mind that they will be used and abused by thousands of different people (on golf courses and such) who will be "driving it like a rental", so to speak.

We have full-color electrical system wiring diagrams here for these carts in the sticky section. The electrical systems in these carts are fairly simple. I've been a car guy most of my life, so going from working on an automobile electric system to working on the electrical systems in these carts came easy to me.

Below is a link to my first thread I ever posted here (back in 2012) in which I chronicled my cart's progress from when I received it bone-stock from my Father-in-Law with a blown motor, to present-day. There is lots of info in there that may help you with yours:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...-club-car.html
Old 06-19-2017, 08:45 AM   #19
riordan.andrew
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I'm not sure what would be considered normal for a restore. In my case, if a motor is running fine I'll simply drive it until it isn't. These Kawasaki motors are very well built from the factory, and it takes a lot of abuse and most often a decade or more in order to ruin one. The only exception to that being the complete removal of the speed governor and running the motor at top rpm; in which case you can destroy one of these motors within a matter of days...or even hours if the cart is pushed hard enough. But these carts are designed with the thought in mind that they will be used and abused by thousands of different people (on golf courses and such) who will be "driving it like a rental", so to speak.

We have full-color electrical system wiring diagrams here for these carts in the sticky section. The electrical systems in these carts are fairly simple. I've been a car guy most of my life, so going from working on an automobile electric system to working on the electrical systems in these carts came easy to me.

Below is a link to my first thread I ever posted here (back in 2012) in which I chronicled my cart's progress from when I received it bone-stock from my Father-in-Law with a blown motor, to present-day. There is lots of info in there that may help you with yours:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...-club-car.html
Similar project to what I've taken on. Cool, ty very much!

Old 08-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #20
Styme929
Not Yet Wild

Do you still have the motor?
Styme929 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carry all engine
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car