lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2017, 10:06 AM   #11
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2013 gas precedent starter not engaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
^^This^^! The blue wire is the 12 volt + feed from the key switch. If it's there then it's not a fuse or power feed problem. The fact that it doesn't carry over to the other side (the orange wire) means the solenoid is bad. The orange wire goes to ground through the pedal switch to complete the circuit and engage the high amp switch in the solenoid (big posts). If the 12 volt + never makes it to the orange wire side of the solenoid, there is no complete circuit when the pedal switch connects it to ground.

I understand this and the first thing I replaced was the solenoid. After that didn't work I replaced the gcor which on the 09-up is the entire accelerator pedal. That also did not work. We then even tried a solenoid from a working cart and no luck. I now my pedal is good because I have three of them 2 are new and none work on this cart but will work on other carts.

Every diagnosis thus far is telling me solenoid or pedal switch however I have tried multiple of each and no power to orange wire with key switch on.
Jkirby891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #12
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Have you checked the fuse? how bout the micro switches?

This is a club car gas-very easy cart to figure out. Id recommend stop swapping parts, that can create more problems
It would not have power to blue wire if it was a fuse however I checked anyway we are good there. The gcor or pedal assembly houses the micro switch. All were replaced. I agree a ds cart is easy to diagnose but a precedent is whole different monster. The micro switches alone aren't replaceable so they can rape you on a whole part.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:04 AM   #13
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Update

I noticed after my Guy changed the solenoid one time they used a ford solenoid. I went to switch it back to a club car solenoid and he stopped me then told me that he already did that and didn't make a difference. After being advised again that it is the solenoid I decided to ignore him and put a club car solenoid back in and what do you know the car is running.

Someones getting in trouble monday.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #14
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

The micro switch on the back of the F/R switch is where I was talking.

The Precedent and the D/S are the same system, different body. Glad you got your cart running again.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #15
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

I now have a club car ds doing the same thing. I have power on both small terminals when pedal is pressed it transfers 12v from orange wire to green wire that ties into the neutral safety switch . From my understanding when pedal is pressed the green wire is suppose to ground out the ora he wire however the orange wire is continuing the power to the green wire.

Please note problem occurred after lifting cart. I noticed it pulled starter ground from frame. I replaced with longer ground and solenoid will not engage. Put in new solenoid and same thing. Orange wire on solenoid stays hot.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #16
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Turns out I engaged the safety spring allowing the cart to be started in neutral only. After repositioning it now engages solenoid.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car